137. IELTS Cue Card -
What would you like to change at the place where you live
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 137 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Change description” topic and asking you to “What would you like to change at the place where you live“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 137
Describe what would you like to change at the place where you live.
You should say:
- – How you can do it?
- – What obstacles could come?
- – Why you want to make this change?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I love my hometown. It is a part of my identity.
• Whenever I think of myself, I picture my city as well.
• But that doesn’t mean I am happy with everything in my city.
• I would definitely like to see some changes.
• For example, I would like to see more multinational companies here, more jobs here.
• Then, there has been a dramatic increase in the pollution in recent years. So, I would like to see something being done about it.
• But the most important change, I would like to see is the construction of a sports stadium here.
• I remember during my school days, I used to love playing football and cricket.
• However, I couldn’t play much because there were no facilities.
• If I had to play, I had to visit the nearby cities like Jalandhar and Ludhiana.
• And most of times, my parents wouldn’t allow to me to travel alone.
• So, despite being passionate about sports, I was forced to develop other hobbies.
• Recently, I met several school students and many of them said that they still can’t play because of the lack of sports facilities.
• I think a sports stadium is definitely a need of the hour.
• However, it would not come without obstacles.
• Firstly, it would require acquiring a huge space.
• I think within the city such space is not available, so it would have to be acquired in the suburbs.
• Then, it would require huge finances too.
• I think the local government would need to provide funds for it.
• Most of the people might be willing to donate some money for it, but still construction of a stadium requires huge funding and it is not possible with just donations.
• Recently, during elections, when the candidates came for canvassing, many people kept this demand.
• Now the local government has taken up a feasibility study for the stadium.
• If it passes, this dream might become a reality.
• I am hoping that it does.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe what would you like to change at the place where you live”
1. What is the best place to communicate with people?
All places are equally good to communicate with other people.
However, places which need silence cannot offer the chance to communicate well. For example libraries, hospitals, religious places and so on.
2. Why it is important to communicate for people?
It is important for people to communicate because man is after all a social animal.
Life cannot be lived alone and to live with others communication is very important.
3. Does technology impact the way people communicate? In what way?
Yes, technology impacts the way people communicate. Technology has changed communication altogether.
Face-to-face communication has come down drastically, but communication on the whole has taken mammoth dimensions.
Earlier there were very few friends a person had, but now through social networking sites the young people of today have the largest network of friends ever seen in the history of mankind.
Cue Card sample 136
Cue Card sample 138
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post