177. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an art exhibition that you visited
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 177 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Art exhibition description” topic and asking you to “Describe an art exhibition that you visited“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 177
Describe an art exhibition that you visited.
You should say:
- – when you saw this exhibition?
- – where the exhibition was held?
- – what was on display?
- – and explain your impression of the exhibition?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• When I was little, I went to a museum near my hometown to see a paintings exhibition.
• It was a special one-time exhibition to commemorate the struggle of Indian freedom fighters.
• There were paintings from many different artists including some world-famous ones like Rabindranath Tagore, Raja Ravi Verma, and M.F Hussain.
• However, all the paintings were on the life of Indian freedom fighters.
• Some of the paintings showed them with their families before they became involved in the freedom struggle and some paintings depicted them actively protesting or fighting against the British.
• I think this was intentionally done to highlight the sacrifices that the freedom fighters made for India’s independence.
• Along with each painting, there were labels in Hindi and English describing the context of the paintings.
• When my parents told me about the exhibition, I wasn’t interested, and I thought that I would get really bored.
• But after visiting, I remember thanking my parents for taking me there.
• One of the paintings, the hanging of Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev had a long-lasting impact on me.
• I had read about this incident in my history textbook, but I didn’t know that all of them were so young when they made this ultimate sacrifice.
• Moreover, I think reading about something in history books can never compare to the actual experience of seeing it in painted form.
• I came out with a newfound appreciation for India’s freedom and the people who made it possible.
Cue Card sample 176
Cue Card sample 178
Related Cue Cards:
Describe a country where you would like to work for a short timeSeptember 22, 2020
Describe a time when you first talked in a foreign languageSeptember 21, 2020
Describe a prize that you received IELTS Cue CardSeptember 20, 2020
Describe an area of science that interests you IELTS Cue CardSeptember 20, 2020
Share this Post