171. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an unforgettable bike (bicycle) trip
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 171 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Trip description” topic and asking you to “Describe an unforgettable bike (bicycle) trip“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 171
Describe an unforgettable bike (bicycle) trip.
You should say:
- • When it was?
- • Where you went?
- • What happened during the trip?
- • How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Well, I feel cycling is the best way to explore any place.
• It is eco-friendly and also helps in maintaining fitness.
• Today, I would like to talk about a cycling trip that I did when I bought a new bicycle.
• It was last year during the summers when Covid lockdown was finally lifted, the first thing I did was to buy a new bicycle.
• I had gained a lot of pounds/kilos while sitting at home and watching movies on Netflix.
• So, I thought that bicycling would be a great way to shed some weight and get fit again.
• I purchased a bicycle called Moonraker, which is manufactured by the world’s oldest bike manufacturing company Raleigh. It is a mountain bike with 21 gears and there are disc brakes on both front and back wheels. It is very comfortable and fun to ride.
• After I got the bike, I immediately told my friends about it and also asked them if they would like to go for a bike trip to a nearby village, which is around 40 km from my hometown.
• All of them readily agreed as they were also looking forward to an outing after the long lockdown.
• We planned to return on the same day and I must say that it was one of the best experiences of life.
• We bought all the necessary riding gear like gloves, helmets, sunglasses, riding pants, and water bottles.
• All of us gathered at the market near my home from where we started off early in the morning so that we could avoid riding in the heat.
• I really enjoyed the cool breeze in the morning and it was a refreshing experience.
• After riding for 20kms we decided to stop for breakfast, which was stuffed flatbread with butter and a hot delicious cup of tea.
• I would say that it was one of the best breakfasts after a very long time of eating home-cooked food.
• It took us almost 3 hours to reach our destination, including the breakfast break.
• Our first stop in the village was an old fort situated in the middle of lush green fields. There are many Bollywood movies that have been shot at this place. We also clicked a lot of nice selfies and group pictures as memories.
After that, we visited the ancestral home of one of my friends and it was really nice to see the traditional house architecture.
• We had lunch at our friend’s place and then we started our journey back home.
• Riding back was a bit exhausting as the temperature almost soared to 40 degrees on that day, but still, the joy of riding in the countryside was worth the pain.
• One of my friends created a vlog of our entire trip and whenever I watch it, I feel proud that I did that amazing trip.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe an unforgettable bike (bicycle) trip”
1. Do people in your country often travel by bike?
Yes, bicycle is the most popular means of transport in my country, as we are still a developing country.
It is difficult for majority of the population to afford expensive transport mediums like cars or motorbikes.
In fact, the government in our country is also promoting bicycling as it brings a lot of benefits for the society and our environment.
2. Which is more convenient, bicycle or a car?
I would say that both of them have their own pros and cons.
The car is obviously more convenient when it comes to driving in harsh weather or when you have to reach someplace faster but for shorter distances and especially in congested areas of cities, where the volume of traffic is really high and parking space limited, bicycle is a better choice.
3. Do you think that children should learn the skills of riding from an early age?
Yes, I believe that children should definitely start learning how to ride from an early age. My parents bought me my first cycle when I was 10 years old and it helped me become more confident about myself.
I could go out with my friends on my own and I would say that it also helps to burn that extra energy when we are young.
4. Do you think cycling is a good way to exercise?
Yes, like I said before it is one of the best ways to exercise and stay fit. Cycling is not just an exercise for the legs rather it is a complete cardiovascular workout.
Even doctors also advise people to commute using a bicycle instead of driving in a car. In this way, people, who live a hectic lifestyle can manage a workout in their schedule without doing anything extra.
Cue Card sample 170
Cue Card sample 172
Related Cue Cards:
Describe an expensive activity that you enjoy doing occasionallySeptember 17, 2020
Describe a conversation topic you were not interested in IELTS Cue CardSeptember 17, 2020
Describe a time you saw children behave badly in public IELTS Cue CardSeptember 17, 2020
Describe an energetic person that you know IELTS Cue CardSeptember 11, 2020
Share this Post