138. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a foreign country (culture) you want to know more about?
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 138 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Culture description” topic and asking you to “Describe a foreign country(culture) you want to know more about?“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 138
Describe a foreign country (culture) you want to know more about.
You should say:
- – Which country it is or what culture?
- – Where it is?
- – How you know about it?
- – Why you want to know more about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have always wanted to learn about foreign cultures.
• I like meeting people from different places, and learning about how we are similar and how we are different.
• However, there is one culture I have always had a little more fascination with than any other.
• It is the Japanese culture.
• The main reason is that I like watching a lot of Japanese movies.
• Also, in my childhood, I used to read a lot of Japanese manga, which are Japanese graphic novels and anime, which are Japanese cartoons.
• Even now, I sometimes play some anime series on You tube or Netflix.
• I have found that Japan is different from all others in some ways.
• For example, during the 2011 Tsunami, there was no looting, no violence.
• This doesn’t happen even in countries like the US.
• I remember when I read it, I found it very strange.
• Recently, I read that the reason for it is that morals and ethics are major part of their curriculum from primary schools onwards.
• So perhaps that is one reason why.
• Another thing I read in manga was that there are no maids in schools.
• Japanese children clean their schools on rotation.
• There are these small things, which make me curious to learn about them.
• On more thing that comes to mind is that they have different shoes for wearing inside the house and outside to prevent the spread of germs.
• Another incident that really raised my admiration was when they refused to sell India nuclear technology because they themselves are not using it anymore.
• They have certain beliefs and they practice such beliefs; they are not just plain words.
• Lastly, we also certainly share certain things.
• For example, Buddhism, a religion that originated in India is a major religion there.
• I also know that most of my knowledge about Japan is partial, it is from manga, anime and the little bit of news
• So, if I get the opportunity, I would definitely like to learn about Japan and its people.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a foreign country (culture) you want to know more about”
1. What do you think is the best way to learn foreign culture?
The best way to learn a foreign culture is to go to the foreign country and stay there for some time.
It can also be learned from tourists visiting your country.
Foreign culture can also be learnt by working in any multinational company.
2. What do you think is the biggest problem to work in a foreign country?
The biggest problem to work in a foreign country is the language barrier.
Competing with the local people of that area is also a big challenge. Learning the work ethics of that place is also important.
3. Some people say that reading is the best way to learn about a culture, Do you agree?
Reading is certainly a good way to learn about another culture, but it is not the best.
The best way in my opinion is to visit that country and to mingle with the local people and stay there for some time.
Cue Card sample 137
Cue Card sample 139
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a situation you were not allowed to use phoneJanuary 11, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe time when the weather changed your planJanuary 10, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a person in the news you want to meetJanuary 9, 2020
 IELTS Cue Card: Describe an interesting animalJanuary 9, 2020
Share this Post