237. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a family member whom you would like to work with in the future
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 237 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Family member description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a family member whom you would like to work with in the future“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-August 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 237
Describe a family member whom you would like to work with in the future.
You should say:
- – Who the person is?
- – Have you ever worked with the person before?
- – What kinds of work you would like to do with the person?
- – And explain how you will feel if you can finally work together.
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have always wanted to work in a big multinational company.
• I would never miss a chance to work in any such company.
• However, my uncle runs a spare part manufacturing company by the name of Akal Industries.
• I have seen him grow from a small firm with a handful of employees working under him, to a fairly big company with about 300 employees.
• I am sure that with his way of working and his rapport with his employees, the day is not far when it will be no less than any MNC
• I would love to work with him.
• I would like to do my ‘Masters in Business Management’ from Canada and then join him.
• I have never worked with him so far, but have seen him work many times.
• He is in his forties and is tall and very handsome.
• His son Aman is the same age as I, and we are both classmates.
• My uncle has promised that he would allow us to work for his company only after we have both got some degrees from good colleges in hand.
• Aman wants to go for Mechanical Engineering and I want to do Business management.
• With different skills in hand we both would prove to be an asset to the company.
• I would feel very good if I would get a chance to work in my uncle’s company.
• Although he has so many employees, he himself also works with the machines with them. He looks after their needs very well.
• All of them are happy working for him.
• He has taken part in many auto fests in India and abroad.
• He gets many orders from abroad and always fulfills them in time even though he has to make his workers work double time.
• He is very quality conscious and if any end product does not meet his expectations, he takes a second to discard it.
• It would be great to work for a person like him, and be like him one day.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a family member whom you would like to work with in the future IELTS Game”
1. Are there any positive effects of working with a family member?
Certainly, there are many benefits of working with a family member. A family member would be more supportive if an occasional time off is needed.
Secondly, the family member would also be satisfied as he would not have the fear of any outsider cheating him in business. However, one must realise that some work ethics have to be maintained even if one is working for a family member.
2. What kinds of family businesses are there in India?
India is a diverse country and a fast growing one too. All sorts of family businesses are there in India.
My hometown Phagwara is a hub of small scale industry. Many people are into making auto
spare parts. I visited Rajkot in Gujarat and I saw many households run the business of Patola sarees.
You name a business, and you will find it in India.
3. Why do people like to set up a family business?
Family business ensures employment within a family. If there is some business know-how to any person, he can start a small business and make it grow with family support.
One does not have to go out hunting for jobs. By having a family business, one can be a job provider rather than being a job seeker.
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a family business?
The advantages are that one does not have to go out hunting for jobs. By having a family business, one can be a job provider rather than being a job seeker.
An entrepreneur is his own boss. If the whole family works hard and the business flourishes, it can be a rags to riches story.
The disadvantages are that if the business faces a slump, the whole family can turn from riches to rags overnight. The family members may also have conflicts if they feel that some of them are just reaping benefits without actually working hard.
5. What are the causes for the success of a family business?
The success of a family business are dependent on mutual trust among the family members,
disciplined atmosphere at work and recognition of each others inputs.
6. How is the relation among members of a family business?
For any family business to thrive, good relation among family members is of paramount
importance. If this is not there then the family business can see its doom very soon.
Family in general:
1. In what ways have families in your country changed recently?
Families have changed from joint to extended. This change has mostly been out of compulsion rather than choice.
Young people are getting jobs in metros and in foreign countries. So, they leave their parents behind. However, these nuclear units are well connected to each other.
2. Should husbands and wives have different roles within the family?
Gender differences are disappearing these days and both husband and wife have to work outside for making a comfortable living. So, roles within the family should ideally be the same.
However, these changes will take some time to implement. Women are yet supposed to look after household chores more than men despite being out of the home for the same time as men.
3. Which are more important to you: your family or your friends?
Both are important to me, but family definitely has an edge over friends.
Friends can turn out to be fair weather friends, but family is always there through their thick and thin. It has been rightly said that ‘in times of test, family is best’.
Working in large companies:
1. What are the advantages of working in a big company?
There are many advantages of working in a big company. Firstly, big companies offer big salaries.
Secondly, there is a status symbol attached. Also, there are chances of foreign visits. Finally, there is multi-culture experience in big companies
2. Will promotion be easier in a big company?
I don’t think so. In a big company, you are part of a big crowd. Unless your work really stands out, you are not even noticed.
3. Should big companies donate more to charities?
Definitely yes. Big companies have a corporate social responsibility. Under that, they are supposed to do for charity.
4. Should big companies be punished more seriously if they break the law?
I don’t think so. Punishment should be the same for all if they break the law. Even a small company should be punished as severely.
Cue Card sample 236
Cue Card sample 238
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Speaking – Describe a foreign country you would like to go toOctober 20, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe a time when you forgot something importantOctober 20, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe An Occasion You Unexpectedly Met SomeoneOctober 19, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe something you do that keeps you fitOctober 19, 2019
Share this Post