169. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a piece of international news that you have recently heard
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 169 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Trip description” topic and asking you to “Describe a piece of international news that you have recently heard“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 169
Describe a piece of international news that you have recently heard.
You should say:
- – What the news was about?
- – Where and when you heard it?
- – What you were doing when you heard it?
- – Explain how you feel about this news?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Since March of last year, we have been following the news very closely, especially related to COVID 19.
• Initially, it was about the spread of the coronavirus in China and it beginning to spread to other countries.
• This was followed by an increasing number of infections and people who suffered or died because of COVID.
• The words like pandemic, social distancing, and lockdown, which were never heard of became common in every house.
• During the last quarter of 2020 good news about the vaccine was heard but people were not sure whether it will work or not.
• Finally, in the first week of December, sitting at home I heard the best International news on WION Channel
• The news was about the vaccine, in fact, now we have various vaccines that are approved for common use.
• It was a big relief as once everyone gets vaccinated, I can resume a normal life, go to work, and meet my friends and relatives.
• This news affects not only me but everyone around the globe.
• I now feel I do not have to worry about the safety of my parents and grandparents and it will not be long before normalcy would return.
Cue Card sample 168
Cue Card sample 170
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post