172. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe your first day at school
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 172 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Dat at school description” topic and asking you to “Describe your first day at school“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 172
Describe your first day at school.
You should say:
- – Where it was?
- – What happened?
- – Explain how you felt on that day?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have been to two schools in my life.
• My primary school was different from my secondary school.
• I have vague remembrances of my primary school as I was too small then.
• Here I would like to talk about my secondary school in which I studied from 6th to 12th class.
• My school’s name was SD Model Senior Secondary School.
• I vividly remember I was very nervous on the first day.
• This school was much bigger than my primary school.
• I was afraid of getting lost there.
• I was a little bit excited also.
• I just walked inside with the other students and went where they were going.
• I was a new face for them so many of them were staring at me.
• I asked one student about where 6th class was.
• Coincidently she was also in 6th class.
• She took me to her class.
• That was the beginning of my new friendship.
• Her name was Harleen and till today we are the best of friends.
• She made me feel very comfortable.
• All my nervousness vanished.
• We attended the classes before the lunch break and during recess she showed me the whole school.
• I was awed by the infrastructure of the school.
• There were separate labs for physics, chemistry, and computer science.
• There was also a huge library.
• Badminton and volleyball courts were also there.
• The canteen was the most impressive.
• All the teachers were also very nice.
• I studied for 7 years in that school.
• Those were the most memorable years of my life.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe your first day at school”
1. Do you think students should be taken to school by their parents or go by themselves?
Children in primary classes should not go to school by themselves. Either the parents should drop them or they should arrange a van or bus. Children in high school and secondary school can go on their own.
2. Should children rely on their parents or be independent?
Children should rely on their parents till they are studying. Once they complete their studies they should start earning and become independent.
3. How can children become more independent?
Children can become more independent if parents let them take small decisions on their own when they are very young. If parents allow children some freedom, then children can become independent very soon.
It also depends on education and job. If children start earning, they can become independent very soon.
4. What is the effect if parents interfere with children’s life too much?
If parents interfere with children’s life too much, children either become rebels or withdraw into a shell and become introverts. Their personality is snubbed, and they cannot develop to their full potential.
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post
Give more idea about all easy and difficult topics.
Ok, Will do