87. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a picture or photograph in your home/room that you like
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 87 IELTS cue card sample on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Day description” topic and asking you to “Describe a picture or photograph in your home/room that you like.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in Makkar cue cards 2020 according to Makkar IELTS guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe a picture or photograph in your home/room that you like.
You should say:
- – What is it about?
- – Where is it in your home?
- – How you got it?
- – Why you like it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have a collection of many photographs in my album and the photo wall at my home.
• Here I’m going to describe one in which my grandparents, my parents, my cousin Reema and I are standing in our farmhouse.
• There is a small round table on which there is a cake.
• I remember vividly, it was the golden jubilee celebration of my grandparents. My aunt baked and iced the cake at home.
• She’s an expert cook. She was the one who clicked the photo.
• That’s why she is not there in the picture.
• But her presence can be felt through the cake.
• Only the six of us were there in the picture.
• Last year when I celebrated my parents silver jubilee, I wished in my heart that I celebrate their golden jubilee too.
• The tablecloth, which is spread on the table was embroidered by my grandma. She had a gifted hand in needle and thread work.
• Both my grandparents are no more in this world now.
• That is the reason why I treasure this photograph as this brings back nostalgic memories of my childhood.
• This photograph is right in the middle of photo wall that we have in our living room.
• I got it framed last year.
• Now I have a digital camera in which I capture precious moments.
• Maybe one day my children will value them.
• I like painting and drawing too but can’t find enough time for these arts out of my busy schedule.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe a picture or photograph in your home/room that you like IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. Do Indian people like to take photos of themselves?
Yes, Indian people do like to take photos of themselves. Selfies have become very common nowadays. Smart phones have become very economical.
So most young people have a smart phone in their hands, and these smart phones have cameras in the front and in the back.
So, taking selfies has become a routine with the young people.
2. What kinds of devices to people like to use for taking photos these days?
People use cameras and cell phones for taking photos these days.
3. Why do some people like to delete photos?
Sometimes the photographs may not be good, and sometimes the memory card may be full. So people have to delete photographs.
4. Why do some people like to keep photos?
Some people like to keep photos because photographs are mirrors of the past and they want to preserve those memories forever.
5. Has the way people take photos changed?
Yes, the way people take photos has changed a lot. Now digital cameras have become popular.
People do not have to worry about wasting precious film. They can take as many photographs as they like. They do not even need to get them printed.
They can save those photographs in their web albums. Even a three-year old child can click photographs.
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking photos by smartphone?
The advantages are that the photos can be shared immediately.
The photo which doesn’t seem right can be deleted.
The disadvantages are that these pics occupy too much space on the phone and have to be stored elsewhere from time to time.
7. Do you think photographers are artists?
Yes, surely they are. Good photography is an art.
Anyone can click a picture, but only a good photographer can look into the intricacies such as the angle, the sharpness etc.
8. What are the benefits of learning painting for children?
When children paint, it brings out their creativity.
They learn to express themselves. It is an art, and it is a relaxing activity.
9. Can anyone become a famous artist through hard work?
Yes, anyone can become famous by hard work.
I believe that visual arts like painting and drawing can be mastered with hard work, but performing arts like dance and music need some inborn talent.
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe a house you would like to live in
- IELTS Speaking: Describe a course you would like to study
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe a street that you like to visit
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe a family that you like
- Top 10 IELTS vocabulary books pdf to improve your English language
- IELTS score | How to calculate? for Academic & General IELTS
Cue Card sample 86
Cue Card sample 88
Related Cue Cards:
Describe an expensive activity that you enjoy doing occasionallySeptember 17, 2020
Describe a conversation topic you were not interested in IELTS Cue CardSeptember 17, 2020
Describe a time you saw children behave badly in public IELTS Cue CardSeptember 17, 2020
Describe an energetic person that you know IELTS Cue CardSeptember 11, 2020
Share this Post