242. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time when you observed the stars
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 242 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “star description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a time when you observed the stars“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-August 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 242
Describe a time when you observed the stars.
You should say:
- – When you observed the stars?
- – Where and with whom you went with?
- – What you observed?
- – And explain how you felt when you saw the stars?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I like to look at the sky at night and enjoy the twinkling stars.
• I have been doing that since my childhood.
• Here I would like to talk about a time, I remember well, when I observed the stars in a very interesting way.
• Last year, it was my cousin’s wedding in September.
• We had so many guests, that my cousins and I had to sleep on the terrace.
• It was quite pleasant outside and we were happy with the arrangements of sleeping outside.
• After dinner, we all carried our beddings upstairs and laid our beds.
• It was a clear moonlit night and we could see the stars twinkling brightly.
• We started giving shapes to the star patterns.
• It was great fun.
• My cousin, Rubina is 13 years old and had come from America. She told us that her geography teacher had told her a lot about constellations and the sun and the planets.
• She told us in a very interesting way what the stars can teach us.
• We were very impressed by the way things were taught in her school in America.
• All I remember was mugging up chapters from my geography book to pass the exams.
• We gazed at the stars and enjoyed the twinkling and tried to figure out some constellations.
• She also told me the names of a few constellations, but unfortunately, I don’t remember them now, as it is more than one year when she told me about them.
• There are many mythological stories related to stars.
• Once, my friend in school told me that when a person dies, he becomes a star.
• Many people who have lost their near and dear ones look at the stars to find them.
• So this was the time when I admired the stars, that I remember well
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a time when you observed the stars IELTS Game”
1. Why do people like to study the sky?
People like to study the sky to notice the changes in weather; some see it as an inspiration for arts like painting, photography, etc.
It is also important to study about sky and space to understand that we are a part of a very large universe, which ignites our curiosity about what’s beyond the sky.
Some people study it, as they believe that planetary movements affect a person’s fate.
2. Do you know any story related to planets?
I don’t remember any one story, but I used to read the comics series Chacha Chaudhary, in which there is a giant named ‘Sabu’ who visits Earth from Jupiter and decides to stay back with Chacha Chaudhary, after he tastes the food on Earth.
There are also many movies made about superheroes from other planets, like PK, Spiderman.
3. Do you think children should be told planet stories to improve their imagination?
Yes, definitely. It is very important that children be told stories about other planets.
It most certainly helps improve their creativity and imagination, because of the curiosity it ignites/creates in their minds.
Some children also end up taking it up as a career path, e.g. astronauts, space research scientists, rocket engineers, etc.
4. Would children be benefited from watching stars?
Yes, children would be benefitted from watching stars. They become curious about the universe and outer space, which help increase their creativity and also, might help them chose it as a career path in the future.
5. Would you like to watch movies on planets?
Yes, I like to watch movies about other planets and outer space. In fact, I recently watched one such movie, PK, where an alien comes from another planet to Earth.
It is a very good and inspirational movie, where this alien character has been used very nicely to portray all the blind superstitions we follow. This movie was a blockbuster/super-hit.
6. Did you like to watch the sky when you were young?
Yes, I liked to watch the sky when I was young. I remember that during summer vacations, we used to visit our farmhouse and we used to sleep outside, in the open.
At that time I did not know anything about constellations, but we used to find the night sky with the twinkling stars very fascinating and beautiful.
Cue Card sample 241
Cue Card sample 243
Share this Post