86. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a special day that made you happy
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 86 IELTS cue card sample on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Day description” topic and asking you to “Describe a special day that made you happy.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in Makkar cue cards 2020 according to Makkar IELTS guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe a special day that made you happy.
You should say:
- – When was it?
- – What was the occasion?
- – Why did it make you happy?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I am fortunate that there have been many happy days in my life.
• I find happiness in very small things.
• For example, when my mother or father praise me for anything I cook, or anything I make, I feel very happy.
• Here, I would like to talk about a day in my life, which was the happiest so far.
• Actually, it was my last birthday, and my parents organised a party for me.
• They invited my friends and our close relatives.
• It was a lunch party.
• My mother has a gifted hand in cooking and she prepared all my favourite dishes.
• My friends and cousins started coming at around noon.
• Everyone brought some gift for me.
• I was very happy.
• We played music and danced to the beat of the music.
• The whole atmosphere of my house was joyful.
• But, the best was yet to come.
• My father brought a box neatly wrapped and tied with a ribbon and asked me to open it.
• I could not believe my eyes as I opened the package.
• It was a Dell Laptop.
• I had always wanted one and now I was holding it in my hands.
• I hugged my father and my mother and thanked them.
• It was indeed a dream come true for me.
• I was on cloud 9.
• I can never forget that day.
• It was indeed the happiest day of my life.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe a special day that made you happy IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. What are some things that made you feel happy?
I find happiness in small things. When people around me are happy, I feel happy.
When I learn something new, I feel happy. When anyone appreciates my work, I feel happy.
2. Do you think artistic activities can make people happy?(Why/Why not)
Yes, artistic activities do make people happy. These activities entertain people and give relief from the stress and strain of day-to-day life.
3. Do you think people who have more talent are happier than others? (Why/Why not)
Talent, if appreciated does bring happiness, but it would be wrong to say that talented people are happier than others.
Happiness is a state of mind. A person who has no talent may find happiness in the talent of others, whereas a talented person may be unhappy if his talent goes unnoticed.
4. Do you think money makes people happy?
Money can bring happiness as it is needed to fulfill the basic things of life, but too much money may bring with it problems, which can take away happiness.
For instance a very rich person’s children may fall into bad company or squander his money on useless things.
5. Are the things or events that make people happy today the same as several decades ago?
Well, life has changed a lot over the decades. Technology has brought with it changes in the way people live their life.
So, events that bring happiness have also changed. Earlier people found happiness in family get-togethers. Materialism was not that pronounced.
But today people have become self-centered and have become workaholics.
What they have is never enough and so they work all the time to fulfill those desires. So, they find it difficult to be happy.
6. Why do people feel happy when they are with members of their family?
They feel happy, because with their family they can share all their joys and sorrows.
They know that they can take their family for granted and depend on them.
7. What are some examples of family activities that make people happy?
Some family activities that make people happy are eating together, watching TV together, going for outings together and doing shopping together.
8. Some people say the happiest time in people’s lives is the period when they are at school? Do you agree?
Well, early school years are definitely the happiest, because the only tension is of study, but high and secondary school years are stressful because one has to choose a career, study hard to get into the college of their choice and face global competition in academics.
9. Do young people and older people find happiness in the same things?
No, definitely not. Old people find happiness if they are with their children and grandchildren, but young people find happiness in their gadgets like cell phones.
10. When you are older, what kind of things will bring you happiness?
Well, I don’t know. What future has in store for me I cant foresee, but I guess if I am healthy and have just enough for a comfortable life, I would be happy
11. Do you think people in the past were happier than they are now?
Life was slower in the past. Desires were fewer. In that respect, I would say that people in the past were happier than they are now.
12. What makes people happy?
Happiness is a state of mind. Different people have different concepts about happiness.
For a nursery student, being able to write ‘A’ properly can give happiness. A poor person may get happiness if he wins a lottery.
A person suffering from cancer can get happiness if a cure is found for his illness. Parents feel happy if their children do well in school.
13. Do you believe that people used to define happiness in a different way in the past, or that the concept of happiness hasn’t change with the passage of time?
I believe that concept of happiness has not changed with time. But, the way people show their happiness has changed because of advancement of technology these days.
For example, when India won the cricket World Cup this time it was celebrated all over the world at the same time.
There were firework displays everywhere.
14. Do you believe that old people can be happier than young people?
I believe that old people can be happier than young people because young people today have a lot of burden on their shoulders.
They have the burden of choosing a career. They have the burden of adopting the culture.
They are forced by their parents to adopt the traditional culture but they want to adopt the global culture.
They are exposed to a consumerist society in which there are a lot of things which they want to own. But they don’t have the money for them.
15. What do you have to do to achieve a long-term happiness?
We should have a steady career. We should have a good family life and good health.
One should know how to strike a balance between work and leisure. One should not be a workaholic.
16. Is unhappiness always a bad thing?
No, unhappiness is not always a bad thing. It is the unhappiness which makes us realize the importance of happiness. It is the night
-  Describe the happiest day you had IELTS cue card
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe product you bought you were happy with
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe a recent event that made you happy
-  Talk about a celebration organized after an achievement
- Top 10 English Grammar books pdf to improve your Language for IELTS
- Top 10 IELTS vocabulary books pdf to improve your English language
Cue Card sample 85
Cue Card sample 87
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe something you bought was difficult to use at firstJanuary 23, 2020
 Describe a time when you were cheated IELTS cue cardJanuary 23, 2020
 Talk about someone who encourages you to achieve goalsJanuary 22, 2020
 Describe a new skill you want to learn IELTS cue cardJanuary 22, 2020
Share this Post