241. IELTS Cue Card -
Talk about a special event you celebrated
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 241 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “special event description” speaking topic and asking you to “Talk about a special event you celebrated“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-August 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 241
Talk about a special event you celebrated.
You should say:
- – What was it?
- – When did you celebrate?
- – Where did you celebrate?
- – Who was with you?
- – Why was It special?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have attended many events in my life such as weddings and festivals.
• Here I would like to talk about our national festival Diwali, which I celebrated with my family on 19th October last year.
• I remember very well how the whole month before Diwali, we were busy in the cleaning of our home.
• We bought gifts to give to our friends and relatives.
• Normally we buy crackers to burn on that day, but this year we did not buy any crackers, as pollution is growing day by day.
• On the actual day of Diwali, we all went to the Gurdwara to pay obeisance to the almighty and seek his blessings.
• After that we went to some friends and relatives homes to present them the gifts we had bought for them
• Then we came home and decorated our home with candles and diyas.
• This time my father had also got some electric lights fitted in our home.
• My mother cooked special dishes for us and we enjoyed dinner.
• We also remember we turned on all the lights of our house and all the doors open because it is believed that Goddess Laxmi visits the homes on that day.
• I felt very good as I enjoyed all that very much.
• You know mam/Sir, Diwali holds a special significance for us.
• It is celebrated because on this day Lord Rama returned from Ayodhya after 14 years of exile.
• It is also celebrated because the sixth Guru, Guru Hargobind ji was set free from Gwalior Jail with 52 kings.
• On this day, the arrogant tyrant Bali was killed by lord Vishnu.
• So this is a traditional celebration, which all Indians celebrate with great pomp and show
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Talk about an important / Special event you celebrated IELTS Game”
1. How do people in your country celebrate events?
People celebrate events in many ways. Some hold family get-togethers, others properties and some celebrate by burning crackers.
Some people celebrate by just going out for a lunch or dinner, while some others celebrate by donating to charities.
2. What events do Indian people like to celebrate?
Indian people like to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, festivals like Deepawali and Dussehra.
Some people celebrate if they do well in their exams, other people celebrate if they win any competition.
3. Why do you think celebration is important?
Celebration is very important. It is a time when people spend some time together and share the happiness of each other. Such events also bring about social harmony and peace.
4. Do you prefer big or small celebrations?
I personally prefer small celebrations, because in these we can interact with all the people present.
Big celebrations are just a show-off and the hosts hardly even come to know who all were there.
5. Why do some people like expensive and grand celebrations?
Some people like expensive and grand celebrations because they want to show their status, and they want such events to be an everlasting memory in their minds.
6. Do you think it is a waste of money to spend much on celebrations of national events?
No, I do not think it is a waste of money to spend on celebrations of national events.
Such events bring a feeling of patriotism in the minds of young people, who are otherwise drifting away from their culture and tradition. Such events also attach young people to their roots.
7. How can people prepare for an event?
People can prepare for any event by planning in advance. First they decide their budget and after that they make a list of people home to invite.
Then they decide what all they would like to do on that day when all the guests have arrived.
They arrange a proper lunch or dinner and also arrange some games and other things which they would like to do on that day.
8. Do you like to plan for an important meeting or activity?
Yes, I would definitely like to plan for an important meeting or activity. If any event is not planned then it can result in total chaos. If land well any event can leave an everlasting imprint on the minds of all those who attend it.
9. What factors should be considered when planning an event?
The first thing to be considered when planning an event is deciding on a budget. After that all the activities that need to be done on that they have to be looked into.
Then it has to be decided whether the event should be held in a hotel or at home. The games to be played on that day all the activities to be done on that they have also to be blind well. All this can never be a one-man show.
Teamwork is very important in planning such events.
Cue Card sample 240
Cue Card sample 242
Share this Post