180. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time when you needed to use your imagination
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 180 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Imagination description” topic and asking you to “Describe a time when you needed to use your imagination“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 180
Describe a time when you needed to use your imagination.
You should say:
- When it was?
- – When you needed to use imagination?
- – How difficult or easy it was?
- – And explain how you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• There are a lot of situations when ingenuity has helped me tackle difficult situations.
• A few months, I had gone to Jammu for an examination.
• But, because of the fog, my train back home got cancelled.
• So, I decided to travel back by bus.
• The bus dropped me at my city’s bus station at about 2 AM.
• I had told my parents that I would be coming by bus, but because I had left my flashlight on, on my phone, my phone battery had died.
• So, I couldn’t call my parents to pick me up when I reached the bus station.
• And because of fog, my parents also couldn’t estimate when the bus would actually reach my home city.
• So, I was forced to walk back alone at night.
• At this time, I saw some strangers walking towards me.
• I felt that their intentions were not right, and I was really worried.
• At that moment, I used my imagination and took out the phone, and started talking loudly on the phone.
• I knew that my phone was dead, but they didn’t know that the phone was dead.
• As they came closer, I started saying that I am just around the corner.
• As they heard this, they moved back, and I used this opportunity to run a nearby 24/7 store.
• Once inside, I borrowed the phone from the sales clerk and called my parents to pick me up.
• The whole time my heart was beating very loudly.
• It was a very scary situation.
• On seeing my father and mother, I finally took a huge sigh of relief.
• My father told me that he was really proud of my presence of mind and a lot of people told me that they wouldn’t have been able to think on their feet like I did.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a time when you needed to use your imagination”
1. Do you think adults can have lots of imagination?
I don’t think imagination depends upon age. Both children and adults can imagine things. The only thing is that children are not restricted by real-world knowledge in their imagination.
So, children can sometimes imagine completely impossible things.
2. Do you think imagination is necessary for scientists?
I think all scientific discoveries are about looking at something from a new or different perspective.
So, imagination is certainly important for scientists. Many would have seen an apple fall from a tree before Newton, but he was the first one to relate it to a force.
3. What kind of jobs need imagination?
I think the biggest field with needs imagination is science. Then, another field in which I think is being a fantasy author. A fantasy author basically puts down his imagination on a piece of paper.
I think some of the famous fantasy authors like Tolkien or JK Rowling are some of the people with an endless imagination.
4. What subjects are helpful for people’s imagination?
I think literature can be very helpful to develop imagination. I remember reading Alice in Wonderland was so exciting.
It was my first time reading a fantasy novel and I just couldn’t put it down. After reading each chapter, I used to think about what would happen next, and that in turn was nothing but exercising my imagination.
Cue Card sample 179
Cue Card sample 181
Share this Post