240. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a positive change in your life
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 240 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “positive change description” speaking topic and asking you to “Talk about a traditional object of your country“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-August 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 240
Describe a positive change in your life.
You should say:
- – What the change was?
- – When it happened?
- – How it happened?
- – And explain why it was a positive change?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Change is the law of nature.
• We all make changes in our life from time to time.
• I have also made many changes in my life.
• Here I would like to talk about a positive change that I made in my life recently.
• This change is that I have started managing my time very effectively.
• Earlier I used to procrastinate a lot.
• I was a real cunctator. (You may skip this line)
• I used to do everything at the 11th hour.
• Most of my work was left undone.
• One day I read an article in The Tribune on Effective Time Management.
• The writer had very nicely explained the importance of time management.
• Everybody on Earth has the same 24 hours in a day.
• The only difference between success and failure is effective time management.
• Time is the most important commodity on Earth.
• We can buy gold and silver but we cannot buy time.
• The writer had also given simple ways to manage time.
• I started making a list of to-do things before going to bed.
• I try my best to fulfil it the next day.
• This has brought a sea change in my life.
• Now I have time for everything.
• I have time for my hobbies and even for visiting neighbours and relatives.
• It has also reduced stress in my life because not a single important work is pending.
• Earlier, I used to be very tense about my pending works, but now I complete all my work in time and so feel relaxed all the time.
• I feel very good about it.
• I feel I am a new person.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a positive change in your life IELTS Game”
1. Is your country changing rapidly?
Yes, my country is changing rapidly. India is a developing country and is changing day-by-day for the better.
With the advancement of technology it is stepping fast from a developing to a developed country.
Change has always been happening, but technology has hastened the process of change.
2. How is your country changing?
I think my country is changing is many ways. Firstly, I can see the effect of globalisation, people are wearing western clothes, eating western cuisines and washing foreign shows more and more.
Secondly, people are also becoming modern in their thinking and views. Many wrong traditional practices like dowry are losing ground. Finally, we are developing in infrastructure and facilities.
Many modern facilities fast internet connectivity , subways are accessible to people today.
3. Do you believe that the changes your country went through are positive?
For me, most of the changes have been positive. But I think this is also due to the fact that I am optimist and I like to look at things from a positive side.
Moreover, although I consider that most of the changes have been positive, some have happened at a slower pace than I had hoped.
4. Do you think change is good?
Well change can be both good and bad. It really depends upon on the change and why we are making the change. In the end, if we are changing for the right reasons, to make our ourselves better, then changing is definitely good.
However, if we are being forced to change or if we are developing negative habits like drinking, smoking due to stress or peer pressure, I would consider it bad.
5. What are some of the major changes that usually occur to people in our lives?
I think changes occur throughout our life. First are the physical and hormonal changes which occur when we go through puberty like developing facial hair, deepening of voice and so on.
Then, it is mental maturity, which occurs as we experience and face different things. We learn how to deal with issues and face challenges.
6. Is it important for people to make changes according to their surroundings?
Yes, I think there is no problem in changing according to surroundings as long we don’t feel like we are changing our identity because of these changes.
For example, when in a foreign country, it is perfectly fine to try about foreign clothes and dishes. At the same time, if a person is a vegetarian, I wouldn’t consider it fine to try non-vegetarian just a fit in
Cue Card sample 239
Cue Card sample 241
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Speaking – Describe an indoor game that you liked to playSeptember 23, 2019
IELTS part 2 – Describe An Occasion When You Got Up Very EarlySeptember 23, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe a gift that took a long time to chooseSeptember 3, 2019
IELTS Speaking part 2 recent exams – Topic: An Electronic EquipmentAugust 16, 2019
Share this Post