139. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a place where you are able to relax
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 139 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Place description” topic and asking you to “Describe a place where you are able to relax“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 139
Describe a place where you are able to relax.
You should say:
- – Where it is?
- – What it is like?
- – How often you go there?
- – and how you feel about this place?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Relaxation is important in everyone’s life
• Everyone has different ways of relaxation
• Elderly people go to religious places and parks to relax
• Young people have a lot of pent up energy, so they go to gym’s and discos to sweat out that energy, and relax.
• I usually go to a gurdwara to relax.
• I go there once or twice a week
• Whenever, I go there, I do circumambulation of the holy book inside the main hall, and pay obeisance to the almighty.
• There is a well-maintained fish pond in the gurdwara, which has many different species of fish.
• I just sit on the steps of the pond and listen to the holy chants going on all the time there.
• It gives me great relaxation and peace of mind.
• Last Sunday, I took some bread from home and fed the fish.
• There are two catfish among the other many, who seem to be talking to me.
• I know it is all my imagination, but I love it over there.
• I feel that the tempo of life has slowed down a bit.
• It is so relaxing to watch the movements of the fish in the water.
• This activity takes away all the physical and mental tiredness away from my body.
• I feel very light-hearted after that.
• Even though there is always a great rush in this temple, yet one can find peace and quiet over there.
• Sometimes, I offer voluntary services in the community kitchen over there.
• Free food is offered to one and all in the community kitchen and this service is round the clock.
• So, this is the place I go to relax.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a place where you are able to relax”
1. How do students relax themselves?
Students relax by going out with friends or just lazing around at home.
Sometimes they even get relaxation by going to the gym.
Actually a gym is the place where they release their pent-up energy and then feel relaxed.
2. What activities do employers organise to help employees relax?
Employers organise group excursions for their employees to relax.
Some employers also provide gym facilities in the workplace so that the employees can switch out their stress.
3. Do people now have more ways to relax than in the past?
Yes, people have far more ways to relax them in the past.
Technology has given many new ways to spend free time and to feel relaxed.
People play online games and chat with their friends across the globe feel relaxed.
4. Do you think natural sceneries are more helpful than indoor activities?
Yes definitely natural scenery is far more relaxing than indoor activities.
Nowadays people are suffering from nature deficit disorder, which means that they are spending less time with nature and more time indoors.
5. Do you like to visit movie theatres?
Yes, I like to visit movie theatres. Once in a month or two I watch a movie in the cinema.
6. Where do Indian people like to go on weekends?
Indian people like to go cinemas, shopping malls, and restaurants on weekends.
Sometimes they go to their relatives’ homes
7. What do old people do to relax?
Old people go to religious places. They go to parks and sit on the benches and talk with others of their age
8. What is the importance of relaxation?
Relaxation is very important. It recharges one’s batteries. After relaxing people can work better and students can study better.
9. What are the ways people relax themselves?
People relax in different ways. Some go to parks, some go to religious places, some just sit at home and listen to music or watch TV.
Young people have a lot of pent up energy, so they go to gym’s and discos to sweat out that energy, and relax.
10. What do you do to relax yourself?
Sometimes I go to the gurdwara. Sometimes I listen to music at home. Sometimes I go to park near my home.
11. Do you think we should take a day off from our working?
Yes, we should take a day off from working, because then we can relax and go back to work with more zeal and enthusiasm.
12. Do you think people can actually relax by doing relaxation exercises?
Yes, people can relax by doing relaxing exercises, such as yoga, and other stretching exercises.
Exercises also release endorphins, which relieve stress and help to relax.
13. Some people do nothing to relax. Do you think it is a good idea?
Yes, sometimes just closing ones eyes and doing nothing also relaxes a person.
It depends on what sort of activities a person does in routine life. If a person does physical work, then just doing nothing can be relaxing.
If a person does sedentary work, then other ways of relaxation are better.
14. Do you think relaxation should include some activity or doing nothing is enough?
(Same as above)
15. How did people relax earlier and how do they now?
Earlier people went out for relaxation, to parks and for picnics. But today, people go to shopping malls and restaurants for relaxation.
Young people sweat out their stress in discos and gyms for relaxation.
Cue Card sample 138
Cue Card sample 140
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe a person who likes to travel by plane cue cardJanuary 19, 2020
 Describe an important building in your hometownJanuary 19, 2020
 Describe an educational trip you went on in your school daysJanuary 19, 2020
Describe a school you went to in your childhood Cue Card 2020January 18, 2020
Share this Post