174. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a bag you want to own
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 174 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Bag description” topic and asking you to “Describe a bag you want to own“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 174
Describe a bag you want to own.
You should say:
- – What kind of bag it is?
- – Where you want to buy it?
- – How much it will cost you?
- – Why you want this kind of bag?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have many kinds of bags like a shoulder bag, messenger bag but my favorite is a backpack and I would like to get a new backpack.
• I would like to buy it from a good brand like Nike, Adidas or Reebok because they are not only durable but also very stylish.
• There is a mall 20 minutes from my house and there are many shops there that sell these brands.
• I would like to get a black waterproof backpack from one of these brands with two main inner compartments, 2 small pockets on the outside, and a side pocket for carrying my water bottle.
• In the past, I have bought cheaper backpacks from local shops but had to replace them every 2-3 months because they broke down easily due to inferior material.
• I mainly used them for carrying my laptop, books, and gym clothes.
• My friend has a Reebok backpack and he has been using it for 2 years.
• I feel that bags from good companies are expensive but last much more and so are worth their price.
• Backpacks made by these brands usually cost between Rs 2000-3000 but occasionally they have good sales and offer huge discounts especially on older models.
• I will wait for a good sale before I buy it.
• I want to get a backpack because they allow me to be hands-free and comfortable.
• I use a scooter for commuting and a backpack works well in this situation.
• Also, backpacks evenly distribute the load on shoulders and hips and don’t put weight on one side of the body like a shoulder bag.
• As they don’t put much strain on the body, they are easy to carry for hours.
• Backpacks also allow me to be more organized as they have a lot of separate compartments and smaller pockets.
• I can keep my keys and wallet in the easily accessible outer pockets and my books in the main compartment.
• Backpacks made from waterproof material can save my belongings from getting wet.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a bag you want to own”
1. Why do you think women like to buy bags?
Women like to buy bags because they are convenient and let them carry their makeup, keys, credit cards, etc. safely.
Also, women consider bags a style statement and it helps them complete their overall look. Some women like to buy the latest in trend bags and coordinate their bags with their outfits.
2. Is the backpack practical in life?
Yes, backpacks allow you to be comfortable and hands-free. They don’t put much strain on the body and can be easily carried for hours.
3. Why are some people willing to buy expensive bags?
Some people are willing to buy expensive bags because they are made from good materials and last longer.
Some people buy expensive designer bags because they associate them with status and like to flaunt them in front of friends and relatives.
4. In the future, what changes will bags have?
Bags made from canvas, faux leather (vegan leather) will gain more popularity as more and more people will realize that mankind is harming animals to harvest leather.
Bags will also become more practical in the future and convertible bags that go from handbag to backpack to shoulder bag will be more common.
5. Why do children need to carry a uniform schoolbag?
Schools want all students to look the same and thus require similar school bags. Requiring everyone to look uniform leads to better academic performance and enhances student discipline.
Children need school bags to keep their books and personal belongings in an organized manner.
Cue Card sample 173
Cue Card sample 175
Related Cue Cards:
Expected makkar cue cards Jan to Apr 2021 – IELTS SpeakingJanuary 10, 2021
Describe a piece of international news that you have recently heardJanuary 10, 2021
Describe a place you like to visit but you don’t want to live there?January 10, 2021
Describe a short trip that you often take but you do not likeJanuary 10, 2021
Share this Post