208. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an art or craft activity that you had (at school)
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 208 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Art description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe an art or craft activity (e.g painting, woodwork, etc) that you had (at school)” and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 208
Describe an art or craft activity (e.g painting, woodwork, etc) that you had (at school).
You should say:
- – What you made
- – How you made it?
- – What it looked like?
- – And how you felt about the activity?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Art and crafts play an essential role in our life because they relate us to our traditions and cultures.
• They provide a way to stay connected with the roots of our traditions.
• Here, I would like to talk about an art activity, which I did at school.
• I remember I was in 10th standard when I did this activity.
• I participated in an International Art Competition.
• It was at district level and was held in my school.
• I participated with my friend Jatin in this competition and we were representing our school.
• We decided to make a painting which would give a message on a social issue.
• The main message of our painting was “SAY NO TO DRUGS”.
• In this painting, I painted a cigarette crushing a person, which showed that humanity is in danger due to drugs.
• The size of the cigarette in this painting was very large as compared to the person to highlight the dramatic impacts of drugs on people.
• On the right side of the painting, my friend drew a large injection, which was killing a person, which showed that excessive use of drugs can lead to death.
• After that we drew a heading in bold letters on the top of the painting.
• The heading was “SAY NO TO DRUGS” which highlighted our main idea.
• After completing the painting we both were pleased to see it because it was looking very attractive.
• The painting was eye catching and our message was clear and loud.
• When the result was declared we were happy as we got second prize in the competition.
• It was a joyful moment for us, we celebrated our happiness by dancing on stage and everyone was clapping for us.
• I was feeling very happy as I gave a clear message to everyone to avoid drugs.
• It was a very good experience for me.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe an art or craft activity (e.g painting, woodwork, etc) that you had (at school)”
1. What kinds of traditional handicrafts are there in your country?
Many kinds of traditional handicrafts are there in my country. The Phulkari of Punjab, the hand knotted carpets of Kashmir, ceramic pottery of Jaipur, terracotta pottery of South India, puppets of Rajasthan are all very popular handicrafts.
2. Should children learn more about art? / What are the benefits of making handcrafts?
Yes, definitely. Art brings about children’s creativity. It develops their imagination. It also brings a respite from the tough academic curriculum. It adds some spice to their life.
3. Why do some people think it is difficult to understand art?
Some people say so because art is interpreted differently by different people. Secondly, everyone has his or her own interests. Some may like classical music, whereas others may enjoy folk music.
Two painters may paint the sunset in different colours. Whatever the differences are, one thing is sure that art is important in our lives. Appreciation of art is the only thing, which makes us the superior most of all animal species.
4. What can we do to make young people pay more attention to traditional art?
We can organise youth festivals on traditional art. When young people will compete in these, their interest will be aroused.
Teachers can also stimulate their interest by showing them such art through audio-visual aids. Media can show programs enriched with traditional art. Parents should see to it that all family functions and all festivals are celebrated interestingly in the traditional way.
5. Do you think it’s important to cultivate an appreciation of art in children?
Yes, it is very important to do so. Children learn in a fun way from art. They develop their imagination and become more creative.
6. Do you think art should be included in school curriculums? Why?
Yes, definitely. Art should be there in the school curricula. Art brings about children’s creativity. It develops their imagination. It also brings a respite from the tough academic curriculum. It adds some spice to children’s life.
7. Have you attended any lessons about art?
Yes, there was a drawing period in my school. We learnt drawing and painting in that period. We also had Bhangra and Giddha classes before our annual functions.
8. What have you learned from these lessons?
I learnt a lot. I learnt about different shapes and how we could make many things from them creatively.
I also learnt how new colours could be made by mixing colours. Yellow and blue makes green, red and blue makes purple, red and white makes pink and so on.
9. What do young people think of traditional handicrafts?
I think most young people including me really appreciate traditional handicrafts. However, I also believe that young people don’t have the patience to do these traditional handicrafts as people did in the earlier times.
10. Do people in your country send handicrafts as gifts?
I think sadly most people don’t have the time to make handicrafts. So it has become less common.
However, there are many old people who gift handicrafts. For example, my mother hand knits a sweater for my granddad at the beginning of every winter season.
Cue Card sample 207
Cue Card sample 209
Related Cue Cards:
Describe the first time you used a foreign language to communicateNovember 13, 2019
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a television program that makes you laughNovember 13, 2019
IELTS Cue Card: Describe An Older Person Who You AdmireNovember 13, 2019
IELTS Cue Card: Describe product you bought you were happy withNovember 12, 2019
Share this Post