219. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a film or movie that made you laugh IELTS Cue Card
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 219 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Film description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a film or movie that made you laugh IELTS Cue Card“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 219
Describe a film or movie that made you laugh.
You should say:
- – What is the name of this movie?
- – when did you watch it?
- – Who you watched it with?
- – why it made you laugh?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I am an ardent admirer of Aamir Khan.
• His movies are loaded with strong social messages, yet they are not devoid of
• My favourite movie to date is Rang De Basanti.
• It is a comedy as well as a drama movie and has an excellent storyline.
• It was released in 2006 but I am yet to watch a movie that can match Rang De Basanti.
• I have viewed this several times maybe 6 or 7 but every time I am surprised that I sit
through the movie from beginning to the end without feeling bored.
• It was directed by Om Prakash Mehra and it starred Aamir Khan and Soha Ali Khan,
Anupam Kher and Kiron Kher besides Sharman Joshi and Kunal Kapoor
• All the actors in this movie have performed to the best of their abilities that means the
movie is very well directed and well presented
• The setting is both pre-partition days in India and modern-day India.
• The story revolves around six Indians young students who assist an English Woman to
film a documentary on the freedom fighters from their past.
• The events that lead make them to relive the long-forgotten saga of freedom.
• In fact, they realise they love their country and can make supreme sacrifice for it.
• It has very moving songs and has won the award for music director A.R. Rehman.
• Some of the scenes are so hilarious that I start laughing even when I am alone
• It is a movie that shows that today’s younger generation may appear to be aimless and
carefree but given the right direction and guidance they can achieve wonders.
Cue Cards Related to Movies:
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a film or movie that made you laugh”
1. Do people like comedy?
Yes, people love to watch comedy as it is a great source of entertainment. Also, in today’s
world where everyone has to work really hard, comedy acts as a great stress buster.
Personally, I love to watch comedy series on Netflix. My favourite comedy series is a US
based sitcom called Friends.
2. Why do people of all ages like cartoons?
People of all ages love to watch cartoons because they are really funny and enjoyable. Kids like watching cartoons because they are fun and they can learn many things from them.
Cartoons are fantastical, so they could think their dreams are coming true by cartoons. For
adults, cartoons take them back to their childhood and provide breaks from their hectic
3. Why do some people like to make others laugh?
I think there are 2 main reasons why some people like to make others laugh. First, when
they make others laugh it makes them look more attractive, especially to the opposite
For example, women like men who have a humorous nature. Secondly, it helps
them to break the ice or remove the tension in a nervous situation.
4. Should teachers tell jokes in class?
Yes, teachers should definitely crack jokes in a class. It would help them to develop a
stronger bond with their students and also it could be used as a tool to explain some
difficult concepts to the students.
Also, the students will not be scared of their teachers and will respect them more.
Cue Card sample 218
Cue Card sample 220
Share this Post