62. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an important journey that was delayed
In this article, ielts Game will add number 62 IELTS cue card 2020 on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Journey description” topic and asking you to “Describe an important journey that was delayed.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in cue cards for Jan-Apr 2020 according to Makkar IELTS guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe an important journey that was delayed.
You should say:
- – Why was it important
- – What caused the delay
- – What happened at the end
- – Describe what caused the delay
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• India is a beautiful and diverse country and there are so many things I love about it.
• Unfortunately, its public transportation is not one of them, especially trains and buses in India.
• Trains and buses often get delayed because of reasons like traffic, fog and other unforeseen circumstances.
• Today, I am going to talk about one time when I got delayed because of something unexpected.
• My parents and I were travelling to Ahmedabad for my cousin’s wedding, and it was the middle of the monsoon season.
• However, we were travelling through Rajasthan, which is one of the drier parts of India.
• So, we weren’t expecting any rain, but nature had other plans for us.
• It started raining about five hours into the journey and it rained incessantly for hours.
• We still thought it was ok and it’s just rain and it would subside sometime soon. But it didn’t.
• In fact, our train stopped at one station because everything ahead was flooded.
• A railway official told us that it was one of the worst floods in the state and the railway tracks were submerged under 2-3 inches of water.
• I vividly remember one scene when we entered a railway office to enquire when the train would leave.
• All the chairs were floating, and the railway officials were sitting on the top of tables.
• When we all think about that journey, it is the first scene that comes to mind.
• Finally, after hours the train moved again.
• We missed the wedding, but we did attend the reception which was the next day.
• When I think about it, I don’t remember anything about the return journey.
• The floods did cause inconvenience, but it also made the journey much more memorable.
Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe an important journey that was delayed IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. What mode of travel do you consider the safest?
I think earlier I considered travelling by car to be the safest but because of the increasing traffic and road accidents, I now consider train journey as the safest.
So, whenever I have to travel long distance I travel by train.
I also consider air journeys to be safe, but the recent airplane disappearances have made me less sure.
2. How do people travel long distance in your country?
I think the most common means of travel for majority of the people is train.
However, with increasing incomes, many people have started travelling by air as well.
3. How can travelling be useful to people? What do you think people can learn by travelling to other countries?
Travelling is useful is many ways. First, its one the best ways to meet new people and make friends.
Secondly, it enables us to learn about new cultures and traditions. Travelling also in a way breaks the monotony of everyday life.
There is something very enjoyable about planning a holiday and visiting other places.
4. Where, in our opinion, should people visit during the vacations? What type of places do you recommend people to visit during vacations?
I have thought about it a lot. I think people should take vacations at a place, which is different from their own native place.
For example, I live in the plains, so I love travelling to the hills and mountains.
People who live in continental locations can visit the beaches. Ultimately though, it all depends upon people’s choice.
5. In what ways can society benefit from such members?
I believe there are several ways a society can benefit from such members.
Firstly, regular travelers can make a society more open-minded by spreading knowledge about other cultures.
It also builds curiosity among other members of the society to travel.
Finally, sometimes when these travellers like something about other cultures, they might bring it to their native place as well.
6. How do you think commercial flights can improve?
I think the biggest issue with commercial flights today is the lack of leg space, which makes it very tiring to travel.
In fact, sometimes after long journeys all I can think about is lying down and sleeping on a bed for hours.
Moreover, I think the food prices in aircrafts are really exorbitant and I wish these prices are made more reasonable.
Cue Card sample 61
Cue Card sample 63
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post