50. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a character from a story/ film/ TV program
In this article, ieltsgame will add number 50 IELTS cue card 2020 sample on the series of IELTS cue card sample with band 9.0 model answers with follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Person description” topic and asking you to “Describe a character from a story/ film/ TV program.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
Share this Post
Describe a character from a story/ film/ TV program.
You should say:
- – Who this character is
- – When did you first see/ read about him/ her
- – What kind of person this character is
Band 9.0 Sample Answer.
Considering the fact that I am a movie – nerd, I have adored so many characters so far.
And today I want to share about one person that makes great impression on me in terms of appearance and characteristics – Juliet.
She is a remarkable Shakespeare’s earlier play – Romeo and Juliet. In fact, she is a very well – developed characters with real emotions and personalities.
The story of Romeo and Juliet happened in Verona, Italy and is a very sad love story due to the hatred between two important families: the Montague and the Capulet.
At first, I was really astonished to see how strongly she loves Romeo, Juliet even goes against her whole family to protect her love.
But then I notice that Juliet doesn’t start off as this strong young women, she changes in the story.
When we first met Juliet, she was a 13 year – old girl, she was quiet and usually does what her parents want her to do.
But by the end of the film, she moves from being this young girl to a mature, young women who dare to stand up for her own happiness.
It’s my opinion that the strong and beautiful Juliet is the character who makes this love story so popular.
USEFUL VOCABULARY & EXPRESSIONS.
Here are some useful vocabulary and expressions you can use to describe a character from a story/ film/ TV program IELTS Cue Card.
– Movie nerd (slang): a person who like watching movies very much
– Adore (verb): to like or desire something very much
– Make impression on SO (Expression): impress SO
– In terms of (Expression): about
– Remarkable (Adjective): striking, worthy of attention
– Well–developed (Adjective): advance, good
– Due to (expression): because of
– Hatred (n): deep and extreme dislike
– Astonish (verb): surprise
– Go against (phrasal verb): oppose
– Start off (phrasal verb): begin
– Stand up for (phrasal verb): protect something
– Mature (adjective): behaving in a sensible and thoughtful way
Cue Card 49
Cue Card 51
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Speaking – Describe A Place Where You Often Go To RelaxSeptember 25, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe an experience you had as a member of a teamSeptember 25, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe a person who speaks a second language wellSeptember 24, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe A Family Member You Spend Time WithSeptember 24, 2019
Share this Post