111. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a piece of furniture in your home
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 111 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Furniture description” topic and asking you to “Describe a piece of furniture in your home.“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions related to cue card on Indian culture.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 111
Describe a piece of furniture in your home that you often use.
You should say:
- – what it is?
- – where it is?
- – what it looks like (or, what it is made of)?
- – and explain how or why you use it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
One piece of furniture in my home that I often use is a comfortable armchair. It is located in my living room, near a window where I can enjoy natural light while sitting in it.
The armchair is made of soft, plush fabric and has a dark blue color. It has wide, padded arms and a high backrest, which makes it very comfortable to sit in for long periods of time.
I use this armchair frequently because it is a great place to relax and unwind after a long day. I often sit in it to read, watch TV, or listen to music. It is also a comfortable place to sit and have conversations with friends or family.
|Armchair||a comfortable chair with armrests|
|Living room||a room in a house used for relaxation and entertaining|
|Fabric||a material made from fibers, such as cotton, wool, or silk|
|Padded||cushioned or stuffed to provide comfort or protection|
|Backrest||a support for the back, especially in a chair or couch|
|Unwind||to relax or become less tense|
|Relaxation||the act of resting or the state of being rested|
I hope this table helps clarify the meanings of the difficult words in my description of the armchair. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Another Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I stay at our own house and my room still gives the impression of a student’s room though I have recently finished my graduation.
• My favourite piece of furniture at my home belongs to my room and it is the wooden bookshelf.
• This is, in fact, a large bookshelf and it comprises all of my favourite books.
• I have this wooden bookshelf for the last 3 years after my parents bought it for me.
• Initially, I had only a few books to keep there and most of the part of the shelf remained empty.
• But over the time, my book collection increased and the bookshelf is not almost full.
• There are 4 layers of this wooden bookshelf and the front side is made of glass.
• I read plenty of storybooks and often visit the bookshops to purchase new books.
• This bookshelf offers a good way of arranging all of my books and secures them with the lock system it has.
• I often look at my bookshelf and feel kind of proud to have a good collection of books.
• My parents bought me this piece of furniture after noticing that I keep books almost everywhere in my room and they thought it would be a good idea to buy me a bookshelf where I would be able to neatly arrange my books.
• This bookshelf became very handy for me as it helped me keep my books arranged.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe a piece of furniture in your home IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. In your country where do people buy the furniture for their homes?
People in our country normally buy the furniture from the markets or shops which make customized furniture.
Recently people have started buying furniture from shopping malls where you can get good looking, ready made furniture items at an attractive price.
2. What factors do people need to consider when buying furniture for the home?
Well,people need to mainly focus on their budget, durability of the furniture and if the design or size will suit their homes or not.
These are the most important factors when one is buying furniture.
3. Why do some people like to buy expensive furniture?
Some people like to buy expensive furniture because they believe that good looking furniture showcases their standard of living and status in the society.
4. Do you think that style is important?
Yes,I believe style matter a lot when one is buying furniture because if the style of furniture does not match according to architecture of house then people often end up cursing or repenting on their decisions.
So style is really important.
5. What’s the difference between the furniture at home and furniture at office?
I believe there is a huge difference between the two.
The furniture at office normally includes chairs and tables only which are designed for people to sit and work whereas the household have different kinds of furniture such as beds, sofas and recliners which are meant for relaxation.
Cue Card sample 110
Cue Card sample 112
Share this Post