233. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time when you felt proud of a family member
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 233 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a time when you felt proud of a family member“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-April 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 233
Describe a time when you felt proud of a family member.
You should say:
- – When it happened?
- – Who is this person?
- – What the person did?
- – And explain why you felt proud of him/her?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have a big family and there are many moments when my family be it my grandparents, parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins have made me proud.
• Here I would like to talk about a moment that happened recently.
• In July this year, my niece participated in a kid’s triathlon competition.
• She is just 10 years old, and this was her first time doing a triathlon.
• She has participated in running competitions before but this time she was doing 3 activities, swimming, biking, and running one after the other.
• She was very nervous about the transition phases between the 3 activities as the time taken during the transitions can get very crucial in a triathlon.
• She got only a week to practice as my sister enrolled her at the last minute.
• I was so proud that she was even participating in a competition like this at such a young age.
• I couldn’t believe that she was skilled at all three activities.
• I talked to my niece on the phone the night before to motivate her. I told her to have fun and wished her the best of luck.
• My sister called the next day to tell us that not only did my niece finish the race successfully but also stood 3rd place in her age group.
• She took a total of 17 minutes to finish the race.
• I was so happy to hear that and felt so proud of my niece.
• She has always been good at academics and gets good grades but now she was a triathlete.
• My sister sent pictures of the trophy ceremony and I showed them to everyone in our family.
• I talked to my niece later that day to congratulate her.
• I could hear the joy in my niece’s voice. She told me that next time she will aim for a faster time.
• She had lost some time getting on the bike, putting on the helmet, and then getting off the bike.
• I told her she did great for her first time and went beyond my expectations.
• No one in our family has participated in an event like this and this was a proud moment for us all.
• In fact, my niece has motivated me to get into shape and start running.
• I even started taking swim lessons as I never learnt swimming before because of my water phobia.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a time when you felt proud of a family member IELTS Game”
1. When would parents feel proud of their children?
Parents feel proud of their children when they meet and achieve their goals. It can be getting good grades in school, getting into the sports team, graduating from college, and getting their first job, etc.
For younger children parents are proud when they achieve tiny milestones like saying their first word, taking their first step, tying their shoelaces by themselves, etc.
2. Should parents reward children? Why and how?
Yes, parents should reward children for their achievements and hard work. It encourages them to continue doing it and makes them feel good about them themselves.
Instead of giving material goods as rewards, parents should reward children by praising them, letting them do a favorite activity, or spending more time with them.
3. Is it good to reward children too often? Why?
I don’t think parents should reward children too often as it can make them feel entitled.
Buying them toys, gadgets as rewards can make them materialistic. Younger kids may become too focused on the reward and forget about the reason they are being rewarded for. They can even start negotiating with parents for every small task they do.
4. On what occasions would adults be proud of themselves?
Adults have many occasions when they are proud of themselves like a promotion at their job, buying their first home, getting their children into good schools, doing social work like helping others or a friend in need, etc.
Cue Card sample 232
Cue Card sample 234
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe a person whose job is important to societyOctober 30, 2019
IELTS Cue Card: Describe an article you read about healthy livingOctober 30, 2019
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a street that you like to visitOctober 29, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe a situation when you received useful adviceOctober 24, 2019
Share this Post