216. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe your favorite movie
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 216 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Movie description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe your favorite movie“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 216
Describe your favorite movie.
You should say:
- – When and where you saw it?
- – What type of film it was?
- – What the film was about?
- – And explain why it is your favourite film?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Watching movies has always been the prime recreational activity for Indians.
• But in the last few years, movies have graduated to a different level.
• They are not only entertaining but also full of substance.
• Last weekend my friend Param bought two tickets for the latest blockbuster Dangal.
• Although I was tired and wanted to relax for the weekend, yet I accompanied him on his
• This is a very inspiring movie.
• It is based on true incidents.
• The story revolves around the life of a sportsperson who has not been able to achieve his desired goals.
• He doesn’t lose hope, and instead, he channelizes his energies in guiding and training his two daughters, Geeta and Babita.
• The villagers don’t support his idea, as they think that wrestling is not a sport for women.
• He doesn’t let that bother him and continues to train his daughters.
• They do not succeed in the first attempt.
• But he encourages them and imparts rigorous training.
• Finally they bring laurels to the country in the Commonwealth Games.
• This is one of my favorite movies, as it is very motivating.
• I got goosebumps while watching the matches in this movie.
• It was like watching those matches live.
• It is not only a good example of modern cinematography but also a marvel in good direction.
• This is one movie, which I can watch again and again.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe your favorite movie”
1. Do you think (watching) films have (has) any educational benefits?
Yes, watching films has a lot of educational benefits. Some movies are based on events that actually happened. Historical films offer insight into how life was in the past. Movies expose us to various cultures.
Documentaries provide educational benefits and are very interesting to watch. By watching English films one can develop one’s English language.
2. In what ways are documentary films and films only for entertainment different?
Feature films are mainly made to entertain the audience, whereas documentaries are meant to inform, to confront people with reality, and sometimes to promote a point of view.
Feature films are mostly fiction, and sometimes total fantasy. They may be based on real events or people, but the director and screenwriter do add some drama to it.
Documentaries are usually low budget, whereas feature films can cost crores.
3. Why do you think documentary films are not so popular?
Documentaries are not so popular, because they don’t have big name actors and actresses, and also are low budget. So, they do not fascinate people.
4. How are movies and real life different?
Real life is very different from movies. Movies are mainly based on fiction, and even if they are based on real life, some element of drama is added to them.
5. Do men and women like to watch the same kinds of films?
Most women like to watch romantic movies, and family movies, while most men like to watch action movies. But these differences among genders are fast disappearing.
6. Do different age groups like the same kinds of films?
No, children like animation and cartoon movies, youngsters like action movies and sports movies, elderly people like historical movies and family movies.
7. Do you like any particular film star? Why?
I like Amir Khan the most because he’s an actor par excellence. He lives his role. Recently in his movie Dangal, he actually puts on 20 Kg, because the character demanded it.
Cue Card sample 215
Cue Card sample 217
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Speaking – Describe a gift that took a long time to chooseSeptember 3, 2019
IELTS Speaking part 2 recent exams – Topic: An Electronic EquipmentAugust 16, 2019
IELTS Speaking: Describe situation when a child made you laughAugust 16, 2019
IELTS Speaking part 2 recent exams – Topic: Ambition Not AchievedAugust 15, 2019
Share this Post