112. IELTS Cue Card -
Talk about an unusual meal you had
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 112 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Furniture description” topic and asking you to “Talk about an unusual meal you had.“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 112
Talk about an unusual meal you had.
You should say:
- – when did you eat it?
- – where did you eat it?
- – with whom you had the meal?
- – Describe why you found it unusual?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• • I am a foodie and a frequent traveler.
• So,I get opportunities to taste dishes from different cultures.
• Last year I traveled to China’s capital Beijing.
• In a traditional Chinese restaurant,I tried a strange dish made up of sea weeds.
• Sea weeds,as you know,are vegetarian foods grown in the sea and are very nutritious.
• I loved testing it the first time.
• No other food comes close to it in terms of taste and it is difficult for me to explain it.
• I loved it not only because of the taste but also due to the abundance of nutrients in it.
• Since I’m a traveler,I have first-hand experience of how humans will face a shortage of nutritious food in the future.
• Scientists have proposed seaweed farms as a solution to the problem.
• I just wanted to taste the future of human food.
Another Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
I love to travel to new places and make sure that I try out the local cuisine of that region.
This is the perfect way to sneak peek into the culture and traditions of the people out there.
I’ll like to share with you one such experience I had on my visit to Pune which is a cosmopolitan city in Maharashtra, in western India.
One of our local friends suggested us to have a meal at an old eatery called “Manish lunch home”, a place famous for its fresh sea food.
We went there and could see a large aquarium placed right in the reception area filled up with crabs and lobsters.
I was keen to try crab curry while my husband played safe by ordering usual chicken gravy.
After we placed the order, waiter laid down the table and kept a pair of strange looking cutlery next to my plate.
The food arrived and I was served a few pieces of crab with the shell intact.
I was supposed to crack the shell using that fancy looking cutlery and then pull out the meat in there.
I just didn’t know how to do that. I somehow managed to finish my serving of flatbread with the gravy which was typical of that region.
It was spicy gravy with coconut milk base and a tinge of sourness.
It was indeed the strangest looking food I had in my life.
I promised myself to be careful and sure before ordering something which I have not tasted before.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to talk about an unusual meal you had IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. Do you think having dinner at home is a good idea?
Yes, of course. Home cooked meals are always healthier than meals at restaurants.
At home we use the best oils and add spices to our taste.We also wash the vegetables properly before cooking.
2. Do young people like to spend time with their families or friends?
Young people like to spend time with friends more because they have no generation gap with friends.
When they spend time with family, there are chances of misunderstandings.
Parents have to be friendly, otherwise young people drift away from them.
3. What do you think are the benefits of having dinner together?
When families have dinner together,it increases family bonding.
They share their day’s happenings with each other.
It has also been seen that when families have 3-5 meals a week together, then children do not fall into vices like drugs and alcohol.
4. Do you think people are less willing to cook meals by themselves these days,compared to the past?
Yes,people have become more career oriented and have started earning more.
When spending capacity increases then people find easy way out and eat out.
5. Why do people buy foreign food?
I personally believe that this is a world of consumerism.
There is a wide range of exotic, attractively packed foreign foods available in supermarkets these days.
Those who can afford to buy, don’t mind spending on these items.
Maybe, they think that the quality of those products would be better than domestic ones.
6. Why are humans facing food shortage?
According to me, there are two main reasons why we are facing scarcity of food.
Firstly, the population is increasing at an alarming rate, especially in the underdeveloped and developing nations.
A vast majority of these people belong to low socio-economic strata and simply cannot afford to buy enough food.
Also, a large quantity of food is wasted by the rich in hotels, parties instead of giving it to the poor and needy people.
Then, there are environmental factors too such as crop droughts and famines which result in dearth of food.
7 .Do you think having dinner at home is a good idea?
Of course, having a meal together actually makes the family to spend some quality time with each other.
Often, it is dinner time when all family members are together.
This helps them to handle the stresses of daily life and hassles of day-to-day existence.
Cue Card sample 111
Cue Card sample 113
Related Cue Cards:
Describe a piece of international news that you have recently heardJanuary 10, 2021
Describe a place you like to visit but you don’t want to live there?January 10, 2021
Describe a short trip that you often take but you do not likeJanuary 10, 2021
Describe a time when you had to wait in a long line IELTS Cue Card 2021January 10, 2021
Share this Post