189. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a thing you bought and you are happy about
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 189 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Thing you bought description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a thing you bought and you are happy about“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 189
Describe a thing you bought and you are happy about.
You should say:
- – Explain why you bought it?
- – Why you selected this product?
- – From where you purchased it?
- – And explain why are you so happy about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have bought many things in my life.
• But one purchase which has really made me happy is my Smartbracelet pedometer.
• I bought it from Amazon.in for Rs. 1000/-
• Actually, it was for about 3000/- but I grabbed a deal on Diwali.
• I always wanted a fitness tracker, but somehow, could not buy it because I thought these werevery expensive.
• My cousin bought a fitbit wristband for about 10,000.
• Then I saw this wristband of Cardmisha company on Amazon online store.
• It is orangein colour and looks like a cute watch.
• Its battery lasts for about a week
• It has OLED display, so I can see my workout results.
• It has a heart rate monitor
• It tells me how many steps I have walked in a day.
• I like to do a minimum 5000 steps a day.
• It is very motivating, when I do more steps.
• I feel I have done something for myself.
• It is made in China, and I know China products have no warranty or guaranty, but I bought it because the other similar products were too expensive.
• I am very happy with it, because I feel motivated to walk more and keep myself fit.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a thing you bought and you are happy about”
1. Did you tell anyone after buying it?
Yes, I showed it to all my friends.
2. What are your thoughts about the trend that people buy new things instead of repairing the old ones?
I believe that it is leading to a lot of environmental damage. Our landfill sites are filling up.
As far as possible, we should avoid buying new things and get old ones repaired.
3. What is the product, which is consumed most in your country? Why?
Well, India is a diverse country and it is difficult to name one product, which is used the most.
Many things are used a lot. Almost everyone seems to have a cell phone nowadays. So, maybe you can say that a cell phone is used the most.
4. Is increasing consumerism a good trend?
No, definitely not. It does add to the economy, but it is causing a huge damage to the environment.
Cue Card sample 188
Cue Card sample 190
Share this Post