43. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an item of clothing that was bought for you
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 43 IELTS cue card 2019 – 2020 sample on the series of IELTS cue card sample with band 9.0 model answers with follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Life Goal description” topic and asking you to “Describe an item of clothing that was bought for you.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
Share this Post
Describe an item of clothing that was bought for you.
You should say:
- – what it was who bought it
- – what it looked like
- – why it was bought for you and explain how you felt about this item of clothing.
Band 9.0 Sample Answer.
I would like to describe a coat my parents gave me as a present on my 18th birthday. I must say that it is really smart and exactly to my liking.
The coat is made of cotton only and by a Vietnamese clothes brand. It is a knee-length black coat, which was in fashion at that time.
What I like the most is that there are two deep side pockets, so in winter, I always put my hands into those pockets to avoid the cold.
Besides, I can button the coat from top to bottom and it’s also got a decorative waist belt.
I am so fond of this coat that I usually wear it every winter. It fits me perfectly and makes me feel comfortable and warm, no matter how cold the weather is.
I keep myself warm by wearing the coat with jeans and boots, which match it well.
In fact, I have never thought whether it will be out of fashion.
As this coat is a gift from my parents, I treasure it a lot and – for sure – I will keep wearing this coat in the future.
USEFUL VOCABULARY & EXPRESSIONS.
Here are some useful vocabulary and expressions you can use to Describe an item of clothing that was bought for you IELTS Cue Card.
really smart: [adjective] very clean, neat and attractive.
- Example: If you want to look good on special social occasions, or even at work, it is important to dress in really smart clothes.
to my liking: [expression] suitable, and how somebody likes something.
- Example: The smart way in which she has decorated my house is exactly to my liking.
button the coat: [verbal phrase] fasten the coat with buttons.
- Example: Stepping outside my warm house, I quickly buttoned the coat which I was wearing to try and keep warm.
decorative: [adjective] intended to look attractive, because of the way in which it is decorated.
- Example: Many tourists visit the Temple of Literature because of the many decorative sculptures which they can see there.
fond of: [expression] finding something pleasant or enjoyable, especially something that you have liked or enjoyed for a long time.
- Example: My uncle is an excellent musician, and he is very fond of his hobby.
match: [verb] if things match each other, they have the same colour or style and therefore look attractive together.
- Example: None of these shoes match my jeans – they are all very different and they are too formal.
treasure: [verb] have or keep something that you love and that is very valuable to you.
- Example: Thank you for e-mailing the photos. They are superb and I will always treasure them and the memories that they bring.
Share this Post