164. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a photo of yourself that you like (or you have taken)
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 164 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Photo description” topic and asking you to “Describe a photo of yourself that you like (or you have taken)“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 164
Describe a photo of yourself that you like (or you have taken).
You should say:
- – When it was taken?
- – Where it was taken?
- – Who took it? or How you took it?
- – Explain how you felt about the photo?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have an I-phone xs, which has a dual camera.
• I click many photographs with it whenever I find anything worth capturing.
• However, I am not very fond of clicking selfies of myself alone.
• Here, I would like to talk about a group selfie, which I clicked with my relatives in a family
• Last month, there was the ring ceremony of my cousin Rohan.
• All our family members had assembled at our house.
• From there we had to go to Rohan’s fiancée’s house, which is near our house.
• We were all dressed to our best.
• We were standing outside, when my cousin suggested we should click a selfie together and
keep it as a memory of that day.
• He had a selfie stick, include many people in that pic.
• There are ten of us in that pic. Including me.
• We all are smiling and looking very happy.
• This photograph has come out so nice that I have displayed it as my desktop background.
• Whenever I open my laptop the memories of that day come alive in my mind.
• All my other relatives, who are in this photograph have a copy of this in their cell phones.
• It has rightly been said that a good photograph keeps a moment from running away.
• Whenever, I am free I open my web albums and old photographs bring back nostalgic memories of the past.
• This photograph, brings a smile on my face every time I see it.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a photo of yourself that you like (or you have taken)”
1. Do Indian people like to take photos of themselves?
Yes, Indian people do like to take photos of themselves. Selfies have become very common nowadays.
Smart phones have become very economical. So most young people have a smart phone in their hands, and these smart phones have cameras in the front and in the back.
So, taking selfies has become a routine with the young people.
2. What kinds of devices to people like to use for taking photos these days?
People use cameras and cell phones for taking photos these days.
3. Why do some people like to delete photos?
Sometimes the photographs may not be good, and sometimes the memory card may be full. So people have to delete photographs.
4. Why do some people like to keep photos?
Some people like to keep photos because photographs are mirrors of the past and they want to preserve those memories forever.
5. Has the way people take photos changed?
Yes, the way people take photos has changed a lot. Now digital cameras have become popular.
People do not have to worry about wasting precious film. They can take as many photographs as they like. They do not even need to get them printed.
They can save those photographs in their web albums. Even a three-year old child can click photographs.
Share this Post