165. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a special hotel you stayed in
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 165 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Hotel description” topic and asking you to “Describe a special hotel you stayed in“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 165
Describe a special hotel you stayed in.
You should say:
- – Where it is?
- – What it is like
- – Why you went there
- – And how you felt about it
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Last to last year, my parents and I went to Andaman and Nicobar Islands during the winter vacations.
• It was very cold in Punjab and we needed a break from the cold weather.
• However, it was a last-minute plan, and we didn’t have a hotel reservation.
• We thought we will just get the room after reaching there.
• Unfortunately, most of the cheap hotels were already fully booked, because of the holiday season and as there was a medical convention in Port Blair.
• So, for the first time in our life, we stayed in a five-star hotel.
• It was a part of TAJ hotel chains.
• Before the stay, I had always thought that five-star hotels are just a waste of money.
• But the experience completely changed my opinion.
• The rooms were actually individual cottages on the beachside.
• The beach water was so blue that it was unbelievable.
• We could actually see all the fish in the water.
• The room service was also incredible.
• It was like there was a special person just allotted to our cottage.
• As soon as we ordered something, one of the hospitability staff brought it to us.
• But the most unforgettable part of the experience was the breakfast.
• It was one of the most elaborate breakfast buffets I ever had.
• There were nearly ten different cuisines available from Indian to Chinese to Continental.
• I don’t think there was one dish, I could have rated average.
• There were all very delicious.
• We all ate much more than we should have.
• Actually, we had decided to switch to one of the cheaper hotels, if they were available.
• But, because of our experience, we decided to extend our stay at the hotel, despite the cost.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a special hotel you stayed in”
1. Do the ratings of people influence their choice?
Yes, I think most people look at hotel ratings before making a reservation. I believe it is very difficult to judge how the stay experience would be just by looking at the hotel and room pictures.
2. How do people reserve rooms?
I think people make reservations through internet websites like Goair, Ibibo, Trivago, Oyo etcetera. Some people also make reservations through the telephone.
3. What influences people’s choice of hotels?
I think many factors influence people’s choices. The two main factors are the price of the rooms and the amenities available like air conditioning, TV, locker and so on. Internet ratings and reviews are also a major consideration nowadays.
4. What’s the difference between hotels in your country and hotels abroad?
I don’t think there is any particular difference in hotels. Today, there are hotels from chains like Taj,
Hilton, Marriot all over the world.
The design may vary depending upon the location for example beaches, hillsides etcetera. But as India has all these types of locations, nearly all types of hotels are available here.
Cue Card sample 164
Cue Card sample 166
Share this Post