44. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a meal you had with your friends
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 44 IELTS cue card topic 2019 – 2020 sample on the series of IELTS cue card sample with band 9.0 model answers with follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Meal description” topic and asking you to “Describe a meal you had with your friends (in someone’s home or in a restaurant).“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
Share this Post
Describe a meal you had with your friends (in someone’s home or in a restaurant).
You should say:
- – Who organized this meal
- – Where you had it
- – What you talked about during the meal
- – What you ate and drank and explain why you had this meal with your friends
Band 9.0 Sample Answer.
Last month, I had a get-together with some of my high school friends whom I had not met since we graduated.
Then, we decided to have lunch at a well-known pizza restaurant in the city centre.
Arriving at the restaurant, we were quickly given the menu.
What surprised me the most was that there were various types of pizza and drinks; hence, it took me quite a long time to choose the food.
After that, we talked with each other while waiting for the dishes.
Some of my friends were studying at the same university, some had decided to get a job.
And I was especially impressed by the decision of one friend to take a gap year.
She said that as she had a strong passion for traveling, she would spend one year visiting lots of places.
Then, the dishes were served. The pizza was out-of-this-world and the drinks were tasty although they were a bit pricey.
We kept talking and enjoyed the meal and drinks for about two hours.
Actually, meeting them reminded me of the time when we studied at high school and I realized that now we were all grown-up, we had our own plans to pursue. But we all promised to meet up regularly.
USEFUL VOCABULARY & EXPRESSIONS.
Here are some useful vocabulary and expressions you can use to Describe a meal you had with your friends IELTS Cue Card.
get-together: [noun] an informal meeting or gathering of friends.
- Example: We usually have a family get-together during the New Year celebrations.
gap year: [noun] the year that a young person spends working and/or travelling after leaving school and starting university.
- Example: I’m planning to take a gap year before I start my university course, and I have decided to go to see India and China.
have a passion for: [expression] have a hobby or activity that you like very much.
- Example: He has a passion for traditional music, and he is learning to play some traditional musical instruments.
out-of-this-world: [adjective] used to emphasize how good or beautiful something is.
- Example: The variety of Vietnamese food available during the Tet holiday is out of this world.
Tasty: [adjective] having a very delicious flavour.
- Example: When I want something tasty to eat, I often buy some chocolates or ice-cream.
a bit pricey: [adjective] a little expensive.
- Example: Although my favourite restaurant serves food that is out-of-this-world, it is unfortunately a bit pricey, so I can’t afford to eat there often.
grown-up: [adjective] mentally and physically an adult.
- Example: She has a grown-up daughter who works in our local hospital.
meet up: [phrasal verb] to meet someone, usually by arranging a time and place with them first.
- Example: After work, we all met up at the cinema to watch the new James Bond movie.
Share this Post