135. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time you got lost in a place you didn’t know about
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 135 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” topic and asking you to “Describe a time you got lost in a place you didn’t know about“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 135
Describe a time you got lost in a place you didn’t know about.
You should say:
- – When did it happen?
- – Who was with you?
- – What did you do?
- – How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• My sister and I have always liked going on road journeys.
• India is a big country and there are so many places one can visit.
• So, my parents used to take us to different places in India by car when we were young.
• One such time, when we were visiting Delhi, we got lost.
• Actually, we were visiting all the famous places in Delhi and eating out at all the renowned
• That’s what we used to do on our road trips, especially the famous food shops, we never
• And there was this famous chhole-bhature shop, which was famous not only in Delhi, but all
• Unfortunately, it opened at 5 AM for only two hours in the morning and it sold out in that
• To add to it, this place was about two hours from our hotel.
• So, we started during the night at 3AM, because both my sister and I didn’t want to miss it.
• About two hours later, we were in the middle of nowhere.
• I don’t know what happened, but I think somewhere my Dad took a wrong turn
• These were the times, when google maps weren’t there.
• We couldn’t just put it in google maps and find out where we were.
• The only ways to know about one’s location and the direction was asking people and looking
at road signs.
• And it was dark and foggy, so the roads were empty and road signs were not visible.
• At one point, my dad just got off the car and tried to find any landmark to make sense of where we were.
• But there was nothing but trees on either side of the road
• We were lost.
• So, we just sat there, for another hour for the sun the rise and for the visibility to improve.
• When it did, some people came out on the roads for morning walk and finally we were able to find out where we were.
• Fortunately, we weren’t that far from the shop.
• We had just crossed it along the way by mistake.
• We went back and enjoyed the delicious chhole-bhature.
• If I had to describe their taste- I would just say they were worth getting lost.
• For even now, when I plan to visit Delhi, I always visit that place.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a time you got lost in a place you didn’t know about”
1. Do you often get lost?
No, I don’t often get lost. Nowadays applications like Google Maps have made it very easy and the people who use such apps seldom get lost.
2. Is map-reading skill important?
Yes, map reading skills are important because it gives you an idea about where you are and you do not get lost.
Nowadays, apps such as Google Maps have made things easier and even people who do not have the skill of reading a map do not get lost.
3. Are some people good at map-reading than others?
Yes, some people are better at map reading than others. Everyone has different abilities.
What is easy for one person may be difficult for the other.
4. Why some people like travelling to other places?
Some people like to travel to other places because they want to know about those places and the culture of those places.
They are adventurous by nature and are curious to know about other people and places.
5. Should they find information about the place before going there?
Yes definitely, they should find information about the place before going there.
It is important because, for example, if they know the weather of that place then they can pack the clothes accordingly.
They can be well prepared about what to carry with them if they know what all they can do there.
Cue Card sample 134
Cue Card sample 136
Related Cue Cards:
Describe a prize that you received IELTS Cue CardSeptember 20, 2020
Describe an area of science that interests you IELTS Cue CardSeptember 20, 2020
Describe an expensive activity that you enjoy doing occasionallySeptember 17, 2020
Describe a conversation topic you were not interested in IELTS Cue CardSeptember 17, 2020
Share this Post