166. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time when you had to wait in a long line
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 166 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” topic and asking you to “Describe a time when you had to wait in a long line“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 166
Describe a time when you had to wait in a long line.
You should say:
- – when it was?
- – how long the queue/line was?
- – what it was about?
- – how you felt about waiting in this long queue or line?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• There are many times when I have waited in queues.
• Actually, waiting in queue is pretty normal in India because of the enormous population.
• But one time I can never forget is the time of demonetization.
• In 2017, the Indian PM declared that Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes would not be legal tender from the next day onwards.
• This was done in a very confidential manner as the purpose was to tackle the black money in the market.
• As such the news was only privy to a few government ministers and officials when it was announced.
• Also, to maintain secrecy, the new notes were sent to banks at the last minute.
• Because of this, there was a severe shortage of notes in banks for the next few days.
• People stood in lines to get their old notes replaced.
• Every day, people were allowed to replace only up to Rs 2000.
• The lines were huge.
• I remember reaching the bank at 9 o clock in the morning and still being about the 50th person in the queue.
• My turn came after nearly 2 hours.
• It was very irritating to stand in the queue.
• But I could understand the reason why the government took such a step.
• So, I complained about standing in the line, but deep down I appreciated the step government took.
• Unfortunately, I had to this 2-3 times that week.
• The first day, I didn’t imagine that it would take so long.
• But the next day I was prepared, I took a water bottle and my headphones.
• I listened to music while I waited, to pass the time.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a time when you had to wait in a long line”
1. What do people like to do while waiting in line?
There are many things that people do while waiting in line.
Some people like to listen to music, some play mobile games and some people just like to talk to others.
Cue Card sample 165
Cue Card sample 167
Related Cue Cards:
Describe a skill that you can teach other people IELTS Cue Card 2021May 10, 2021
Describe a piece of local news that people are interested inMay 10, 2021
Describe an occasion you were not allowed to use mobile phoneMay 10, 2021
Describe a plan in your life that is not related to work or studyMay 10, 2021
Share this Post