212. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 212 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Place description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 212
Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in.
You should say:
- – Where it is?
- – How you knew it?
- – How often you go there?
- – What you do there?
- – And explain why you like the place?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• It is very difficult to find quiet places in the fast-paced life of today.
• However, I would like to talk about a place where I go quite often and I find great peace there.
• The place I am referring to is a Sikh temple in my hometown, Gurdwara Sukhchainana Sahib.
• I go there once a week, sometimes with family and sometimes with friends.
• Sometimes we walk to the gurdwara, and sometimes we go by car. It is about 3 km from my home.
• It is away from the main road, so it is very quiet there.
• Whenever I go there, I do circumambulation of the holy book inside the main hall, and pay obeisance to the almighty.
• There is a well-maintained fishpond in the gurdwara, which has many species of fish.
• I just sit on the steps of the pond and listen to the holy chants going on all the time there.
• It gives me great peace of mind.
• Sometimes I take some bread from home and feed the fish.
• There are two catfish among the other many, who seem to be talking to me.
• I know it is all my imagination, but I love it over there.
• I feel that the tempo of life has slowed down a bit.
• It is so relaxing to watch the movements of the fish in the water.
• This activity takes away all the physical and mental tiredness away from my body.
• I feel very light-hearted after that.
• Even though there is always a great rush in this temple, yet one can find peace and quiet over there.
• Sometimes, I offer voluntary services in the community kitchen over there.
• Free food is offered to one and all in the community kitchen and this service is round the clock.
• I generally go there on weekends and spend a good two hours over there.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in”
1. Is it hard to find quiet places in cities?
Yes, it’s very hard to find quiet places in cities nowadays because of increasing urbanization and cars on the street.
I think that’s one of the major reasons people go on vacations. Unfortunately, tourist spots are even more crowded.
2. Why is it quieter in the countryside?
The main reason is the lack of traffic and industries in cities. Moreover, there is a lot of greenery which absorbs noise rather than reflecting it.
3. Why do people go to quiet places?
I think the main reason is so that can think peacefully and concentrate on their work. Noise is distracting and it also reduces our efficiency.
5. Compared with young people, do old people prefer to live in quiet places?
I think both the old and young prefer quiet places but young people cannot enjoy the luxury of living in quiet places like the countryside as they cannot get good jobs there.
4. Why do some people not like quiet places?
Some people do not like quiet places because they want fun and frolic all around them. They want activity and noise all around them.
5. Do you know other quiet places?
There are many quiet places in the countryside. Many of my friends live in villages.
Whenever I go to their homes, there is no noise of traffic, and you can hear the chirping of the birds and the rustling of leaves, which is very soothing to the ears.
6. Do you need a quiet place when you are working?
Yes, I do appreciate a quiet place when I’m working, but unfortunately, it is not always possible. So I’ve got used to some amount of noise around me.
7. Why do people like to spend time in quiet places?
People like to spend time in quiet places because sometimes they want to be with themselves, then they go to temples or quiet places, and feel relieved of their stress.
8. Do you know anyone who likes noise?
I have many friends who like listening to loud music. They say that it kills the background noise of the vehicle.
Cue Card sample 211
Cue Card sample 213
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post