68. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a situation you were not allowed to use your cell phone
In this article, ielts Games will add number 68 IELTS cue card 2020 on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Situation description” topic and asking you to “Describe a situation you were not allowed to use your cell phone.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in cue cards for January – April 2020 according to Makkar IELTS guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe a situation you were not allowed to use your cell phone.
You should say:
- – Where was it?
- – When was it?
- – Why you were not allowed?
- – What did you want to do with your cell phone
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Cell phones have become an indispensable part of our lives
• Today, we cannot think of a life without the cell phone.
• There are many places, where the use of a cell phone is very disturbing.
• For example, in religious places like temples, restaurants and hospitals.
• Here, I would like to talk about a situation when I was not allowed to use the cell phone
• Last month, my aunt had come from the UK to spend a few days with us and do some shopping for her daughter’s wedding.
• We decided to go to the Golden Temple Amritsar on the weekend.
• I remember vividly, there was a long queue to enter the main building.
• Our turn came after one hour’s wait.
• Just as we entered the main prayer hall, my phone started ringing.
• Everybody turned to look at me as if I had committed a crime.
• I had forgotten to turn my cell phone off.
• There were notices all around that cell phones had to be turned to the silent mode before entering the hall.
• I cut the call and immediately turned off my cell phone.
• I felt very embarrassed.
• There were so many people there but nobody’s cell phone was ringing.
• After doing the circumambulation of the holy book, we came out.
• Then we went to the community kitchen, where food is served round the clock.
• After another one hour, we came out of the main building of the temple, and then I switched my cell phone back on.
• There were four missed calls from my cousin
• I called her and told her why we didn’t answer her calls. – She understood.
• So this was the situation when I was not allowed to use my cell phone.
Follow Up Questions.
1. What is the impact off the cell phone?
I believe cell phones have both positive and negative impact on our lives.
Due to the cell phones we have instant access to information and also because of them we can connect with our loved one’s; anywhere, anytime.
But at the same time if you think about the negative impacts cell phones have also become a great cause of stress in our lives.
The need to always stay connected is taking a toll on our personal lives.
2. What is the smartphone used the most for?
I think, nowadays the smartphones are primarily used for accessing social networking applications such as whatsapp, facebook and twitter etc.
People also use them for Official and Entertainment purpose like checking office email or watching movies and playing games.
3. What is your opinion about selfies?
I believe, selfies are one of the biggest trends of our era.
People are not camera shy anymore and with the advent of front facing cameras on smartphones they are taking selfies for every occasion and at every place they visit.
Related Cue Cards to “Situation Description”:
Cue Card sample 67
Cue Card sample 69
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe a person who likes to travel by plane cue cardJanuary 19, 2020
 Describe an important building in your hometownJanuary 19, 2020
 Describe an educational trip you went on in your school daysJanuary 19, 2020
Describe a school you went to in your childhood Cue Card 2020January 18, 2020
Share this Post