69. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an important piece of news that you received via text message
In this article, ielts Games will add number 69 IELTS cue card 2020 on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “News description” topic and asking you to “Describe an important piece of news that you received via text message.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in cue cards for January – April 2020 according to Makkar IELTS guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe an important piece of news that you received via text message.
You should say:
- – who shared the message with you?
- – what the news was about?
- – how was it written?
- – and explain why the news was important?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Mobile phones have become an important part of our lives.
• Even though there are many applications that we use on our phones, calling and texting are the two main features that have always been used.
• Today I will talk about a time where I received a piece of good news via a text message.
• It was from a cousin, Preeti who lives in Australia.
• She is five years elder to me but we used to play a lot in our childhood and I always looked up to her.
• She moved to Australia when I was still in school.
• At that time we didn’t have mobile phones.
• We used to stay in touch through calls and letters.
• Later we both got mobile phones and now we chat or video call one another.
• Last year in the month of May, I woke up and checked my phone.
• I had a text message notification on my phone from Preeti.
• It was a short simple message about her getting her dream job in one of the best hospitals in Sydney.
But I was able to almost feel her excitement while reading it.
• I was extremely happy to read that message as she had been talking about it for the last six months.
• I knew all the hard work she had put in to first complete her education in that field and then get a suitable job.
• I immediately called her and congratulated her.
• She didn’t want to wake me up, due to the time difference, and had chosen to send me a text message instead.
• Everyone in the family spoke to her and congratulated her.
• It was a very special day and I was happy all day.
• I still remember that text message and that day very clearly.
• And she is happy at her job and is enjoying it everyday.
• I am sure she’ll do great in her career and always wish the best for her.
Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe an important piece of news that you received via text message IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. Why do some people dislike sending text messages?
Some people dislike sending text messages because they feel that it is easier and faster to call than typing a text message and then waiting for a reply.
Also, sometimes the text maybe misinterpreted and may lead to misunderstandings.
2. What is the information that cannot be communicated via text messages?
Information that is confidential shouldn’t be communicated through text messages.
Besides that, in situations that require conveying feelings, emotions or a deeper meaning, only text messages cannot convey that and need face-to-face interaction.
3. How do people in India deliver important information?
Important information in India is usually communicated through letters and these days email communication has also become quite common to send important information.
4. What do you think of traditional paper mails?
I think that the traditional paper mails still hold some value in today’s world of technology.
There are people who are not very comfortable with technology and prefer paper communication.
There may also be people who still don’t have access to technology, especially in remote areas.
Also, for personal communication, handwritten paper letters add a personal touch.
However, technology has made it faster, convenient, and easier to stay in touch with our family and friends, irrespective of distance.
It is also the preferred mode for most official communication.
5. Do you think it is still a good way to deliver information using traditional mails?
Yes, in certain cases, traditional mails are still a good way to deliver information.
There are many people, for example, some elderly people, who are not comfortable using technology, who prefer that official communication be sent to them in the traditional way.
6. Have our ways to communicate with each other changed in recent years?
Yes, it certainly has. In the past, most of the communication happened through handwritten or typed paper mails.
However, now most of the communication is electronic, through emails, chat apps, phone calls, videos calls, etc.
7. What are the differences between Indian media and western media?
I think that in today’s well-connected world, the differences between Indian and western media are not many.
The main difference is that Indian media uses different regional languages to get information across to all the regions and the states, which use different languages.
The content is also more suited to India’s diverse culture. At the same time,
Indian media also connects us to the world and gives us information and exposure to the whole world, and has elements that are quite similar to the western media.
For example, the format of many shows like Indian Idol, India’s Got Talent, news shows and discussions, etc.
8. What are the advantages of sending messages via social applications?
The main advantage of sending messages via social media is that people can stay connected with their friends and relatives easily.
It’s easy to contact others and share information, news, and feelings. Audios, videos, and photos can also be shared through such apps.
Related Cue Cards to “News Description”:
Cue Card sample 68
Cue Card sample 70
Related Cue Cards:
Describe your favourite weather IELTS Cue Card 2021January 13, 2021
Describe a time when you were really close to a wild animalJanuary 13, 2021
Describe computer or phone game you enjoy playing since your childhoodJanuary 13, 2021
Describe a person who wears unusual clothes IELTS Cue Card 2021January 13, 2021
Share this Post