67. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe one time when the weather changed your plan
In this article, ielts Games will add number 67 IELTS cue card 2020 on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” topic and asking you to “Describe one time when the weather changed your plan.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in cue cards for January to April 2020 according to Makkar IELTS guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe one time when the weather changed your plan.
You should say:
- – When this happened?
- – Where you were?
- – What kind of weather it was?
- – Explain why you couldn’t finish the thing?
- – What you did at the end?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• It has not happened very often when the weather changed my plan
• But yes, I remember a time when my friends and I had planned to go to a museum, Pushpa Gujral Science City, near my hometown, where we could not go because of heavy rainfall.
• Last year, in our summer vacation, we planned to visit this museum.
• This museum is at a distance of one hour from my hometown.
• As I live near the bus stand, my friends had to assemble at my house and then we had to go to the bus stand and catch a bus for the museum.
• It was cloudy, and we could anticipate that it would rain, but we never thought it could be that bad.
• Just has we were about to leave it started raining heavily.
• We thought we would wait for sometime for the rain to slow down and then we would go.
• But it started raining cats and dogs, and the rain went on for five hours at a stretch.
• We could not go anywhere.
• My friends were also stuck at my house.
• But we made it a day to remember.
• My mother made a nice lunch and many snacks for us and we played carom board.
• Although we could not go to the museum, we had a fun time together.
• Even after the rain stopped, there was a lot of water logging on the roads and my friends could not go home till late evening.
• So that was a day when the weather changed our plans.
Follow Up Questions.
1. Where can people get weather reports?
People can get weather reports through Radio, TV, through Internet and nowadays even two apps on their smartphones
2. How do weather reports affect people’s life?
People change their plans according to the weather reports, especially in the temporary climates, where the weather reports tend to be more accurate.
In the tropical climates however, the weather reports I’m not so accurate and so people do not give much importance to them.
3. What do people do on rainy days and sunny days?
On rainy days people like to be indoors and enjoy special dishes such as fritters and tea.
4. Has climate change affected your country?
Climate change has affected each and every part of the globe, and my country is no exception.
Summers have become very long and winters have shrunk.
We also have hotter summers and cooler winters.
5. Does weather affect your mood?
When it is too hot I feel very uncomfortable and when it is too cold, I feel lethargic.
Related Cue Cards to “Time Description”:
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe time when you saw interesting animal
- Describe the first time you used a foreign language to communicate
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe a time you looked at the sky
- IELTS Cue Card: Describe A Time When You Waited For Something
- IELTS Speaking – Describe a time when you forgot something important
Cue Card sample 66
Cue Card sample 68
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a performance you recently watchedJanuary 17, 2020
Describe a time when you travelled by public transportationJanuary 17, 2020
Describe an important piece of news you received via text messageJanuary 17, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a situation you were not allowed to use phoneJanuary 11, 2020
Share this Post