214. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a leisure activity near - on the sea that you want to try
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 214 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Leisure activity description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a leisure activity near – on the sea that you want to try“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 214
Describe a leisure activity near – on the sea that you want to try.
You should say:
- – What it is?
- – What you need to prepare?
- – How easy or difficult it is?
- – And explain why you want to try it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I prefer mountains to beaches.
• However, I am really keen on trying on some water sports.
• Recently my friend went to Goa and he enjoyed many water activities.
• However, he told me his favorite among them was canoeing.
• He actually made a video and it looked really fun.
• It is not a very common sport in India but one of beaches in South Goa offers it.
• However, not many people go there because there is no road connectivity to the beach.
• Canoeing involves paddling a canoe with a single bladed paddle.
• It is an ancient form of transportation but nowadays it is mainly a recreational activity.
• It requires a person to be fit as it is very demanding physically.
• And that’s another reason why many people don’t for it.
• But preparation wise it’s just like riding a bicycle.
• It takes some time getting used to how to balance and direct the canoe, but once a person
gets hang of it, it’s very easy.
• Also, it can be dangerous if the waves are high, so not all beach locations are suitable for it.
• Besides canoeing, my friend tried a lot of other water sports but his enthusiasm about
canoeing was uncontrollable.
• In fact, after coming back from Goa, all he talked about was canoeing and how he could not
wait to go back and do it.
• His passion also got me interested.
• Then, I searched some more about it on the internet and I also felt like trying it.
• We both planned to go there in winter of 2020, because the summers in Goa are very hot.
• But due to lockdown we had to postpone our plans.
• Now, we are both waiting for the vaccination process to be over, so that we can go there.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a leisure activity near – on the sea that you want to try”
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of vacations on the seaside?
Seaside vacations offer many benefits. However, the main advantage is the beautiful sights and the chance to try on some water sports.
On the other hand, people can get heat strokes and bad tans if they spend too much time in the sun. Additionally, there may be accidents like drowning etc.
2. Why do children like the sea better than adults?
I think it would be wrong to consider that adults don’t like the sea. For children, I it’s mostly about water sports.
Children love doing water sports. Children can have fun and play around in the water without getting hurt.
3. What types of job positions can be found on or near the sea?
People can find jobs like swimming instructors, lifeguards, fishing etc. Moreover, people can also find work at seaside restaurants as there are many sea food restaurants on the seashore.
Finally, seaside locations are very popular tourist destination so there are many hotels in their vicinity. So, these locations can provide jobs in the hospitality industry.
Cue Card sample 213
Cue Card sample 215
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe a successful small business that you knowSeptember 25, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe A Place Where You Often Go To RelaxSeptember 25, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe an experience you had as a member of a teamSeptember 25, 2019
IELTS Speaking – Describe a person who speaks a second language wellSeptember 24, 2019
Share this Post