179. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a skill that you can teach other people
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 179 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Skill description” topic and asking you to “Describe a skill that you can teach other people“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 179
Describe a skill that you can teach other people.
You should say:
- – What it is?
- – How you learnt it?
- – How can you teach others this skill?
- – How do you feel about this skill?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• During the Covid lockdown, I was stuck at home.
• So, I asked my mother to teach me 3D origami.
• A few years ago, my mother had learned 3D origami from the internet.
• She made these beautiful flower vases and swans with paper pieces.
• They really looked beautiful and we decorated our house with them.
• Every time someone visited us, they used to ask us about how we made them.
• So, last year, I asked my mother to teach me 3D origami.
• I had a lot of free time and so I practiced it.
• 3D origami is not tough, but there is a learning curve.
• It takes some time to learn how to fold pieces and give them the 3D look.
• Basically, we fold papers making small pockets in them and the other pieces fit in these pockets.
• Then, nearly any shape can be given to the pieces.
• So, first I would teach anyone how the paper pieces need to be cut and how they need to be folded.
• Learning how to give shape to the pieces is a lot about practice and experience.
• I found this part very difficult in the beginning but now it seems very easy.
• So, I would tell others to be patient and just keep experimenting.
• There are also some YouTube videos, which have some ideas about different shapes we can make.
• That’s how I made my first few designs, but now I have started experimenting as well.
• I am really proud of this skill.
• I don’t think I am an expert, and I am good enough to get compliments when someone sees the 3D shapes I made.
• Recently, I made an airplane, and it was one of the most complex designs I have made till now.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a skill that you can teach other people”
1. Should teachers be funny when they teach?
Yes, I think teachers should employ the use of humor while teaching. It lightens the class atmosphere and improves the relationship between students and teachers.
In other words, students feel comfortable discussing their doubts and problems with the teachers.
However, teachers must learn when to be strict, otherwise, it can impact the discipline in the classroom.
2. What qualities should teachers have?
Firstly, I think the most important skill that teachers should have is good communication skills.
They need to understand how to teach in simple words. Secondly, they should be good observers.
They need to be able to pick up the fears and anxieties students have. Only then they can build their confidence. Finally, teaching is about patience. Teachers need to be ready to explain the concepts again and again if their students are facing any difficulty.
3. Which do you think are more important practical skills or academic skills?
Practical skills and academic skills have their own importance. I think it depends upon the person’s profession.
If a person wants to be a teacher, a lawyer, or anything in academics, they need to be an expert in academics. However, in other fields like business, communication skills etcetera, are more important.
4. Which age group is the best age for learning?
I am a strong believer in the fact that there is no age for learning. We can learn anything at any age. And actually, I believe that we should keep learning new skills as it keeps the mind sharp and active.
Cue Card sample 178
Cue Card sample 180
Share this Post