122. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a risk you have taken which had a positive result
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 122 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Risk description” topic and asking you to “Describe a risk you have taken which had a positive result“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 122
Describe a risk you have taken which had a positive result.
You should say:
- – What it was?
- – Why you took it?
- – What the result was?
- – How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• We all take risks in our life.
• Sometimes we realise we are taking a risk, and sometimes we don’t even realise that we are taking a risk.
• For instance, crossing a busy road is also taking a risk and boarding a train which has started is also taking a risk.
• In these situations we don’t even realise that we are taking risks.
• Here, I would like to talk about a situation when I took a risk and it had a positive result.
• I have a pet dog, Nora, whom I take for a walk in the evening every day.
• It’s a toy breed, shih tzu.
• Our neighbours have a German shepherd, Bruno, which is very aggressive.
• Everyone in our street is afraid of that dog.
• Even I am very afraid of that dog.
• They tell all of us not to be afraid of their dog as it is well trained and would not harm any known person.
• But Bruno’s growl is worse than the Corona pandemic.
• Normally they keep their dog leashed all the time.
• One day, as I was walking in the street with Nora, Bruno escaped and came running towards us.
• Nora ran the other side and her leash slipped from my hand.
• I knew I had to act quickly and save Nora.
• I came between that dog and Nora.
• In that one second, I could imagine myself being bitten at several places and blood oozing out from all of them.
• It was a big risk, but at that moment the safety of my dear Nora was the most important thing for me.
• When I came between Bruno and Nora, I took Bruno’s name in a stern voice and told him to sit.
• Surprisingly, he sat still and started wagging its tail.
• I heaved a sigh of relief.
• In the meantime, my brother had come out and Nora was safe in his arms.
• I felt so happy that I was able to save Nora.
• So, this was the risk I took which had a positive result.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a risk you have taken which had a positive result”
1. Why do some people enjoy extreme sports?
Some people enjoy extreme sports because they’re adventurous by nature. They get the thrill out of doing challenging sports.
Some people also do it for money as there is a lot of money involved in such sports.
2. Are action films popular in your country?
Yes, action films are very popular in my country. They are especially popular among children and young people.
3. Do you think it is a good thing if a leader likes to take risk?
Yes, I think it is a good thing if a leader likes to take risk. Somebody has to take the risk at times, and if a leader is taking a risk that means he is excepting the responsibility that if something goes wrong he is to blame for it.
People look upon such leaders who have the ability and the courage to take risks and do things differently.
4. Do you think men and women will make a different choice about risk taking?
Nowadays, gender differences are disappearing and so are the choices about risk-taking.
It is an individual variation. Irrespective of the gender, if a person is daring he or she will take the risk.
5. What about the young and old?
Generally young people like to take risks, whereas the elderly like to play it safe. It also depends on the type of risk involved.
If the risk may land a person into some physical injury, then young people come forward, but if the risk is like investing money then the elderly may have more experience and may step forward to take the risk.
Cue Card sample 121
Cue Card sample 123
Related Cue Cards:
Describe a school you went to in your childhood Cue Card 2020January 18, 2020
Describe a place where you read and write, apart from your home 2020January 18, 2020
Describe a time when you were excited IELTS Cue Card 2020January 18, 2020
Describe an occasion when you lost something and then got it back 2020January 18, 2020
Share this Post