193. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a goal you want to achieve in the future
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 193 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Goal description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a goal you want to achieve in the future“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 193
Describe a goal you want to achieve in the future.
You should say:
- – What the goal is?
- – What would you do to achieve it?
- – When will you achieve?
- – Explain why you want to achieve it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Setting goals is very important in life.
• Goals give a direction to life
• If we don’t have a goal, we don’t have anything to work for.
• I set up short time goals for myself such as doing well in exams and working hard to achieve those goals.
• But, my ultimate long-term goal is to give a comfortable life to my family.
• I have seen my family struggle for finances (money) at times, and so I want them to lead an easy life
• I have just completed my senior secondary / graduation here, and I plan to go abroad for my higher education.
• So, I understand that I have a long way to g before I can achieve my goal.
• First, I will complete my higher education in Canada, and then, hopefully, get a good job and start earning well.
• I have seen my relatives, who are in Canada, lead a very lavish lifestyle.
• My parents now look upon me to give them such a life.
• They have saved some money to send me to Canada.
• I know that I will have to work part time to cover my overhead expenses.
• I don’t want to put any more burden on my parents.
• I hope I am able to achieve my goal one day.
• I also want to be a productive member of society.
• I believe that if God has given us more than others, we should share something with the poor.
• I would be very happy, if I am able to achieve all that.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a goal you want to achieve in the future”
1. Should parents set goals for children?
Parents are the best people go set goals for the children. They can help their children in setting goals.
They know the temperament of their child and so it is all right if they set goals for them, but at the same time they should keep in mind the aptitude of the child I set realistic goals for him.
2. When do young children start to set goals for themselves?
Children start to set goals for themselves after completing senior secondary, when they have to decide which college to join.
But these goals are mainly in consultation with their parents. Once they start earning they start setting goals independently.
3. What kinds of goals are not realistic?
Every person has his own abilities. One should set goals according to one’s capabilities. If a person will set unrealistic goals, then there are chances of going into depression.
For example, if the person is suffering from asthma he should not set the goal of going to Mount Everest.
4. Why do people set goals?
People set goals because goals give them a motivation to work hard. They give a direction to life.
It is not essential to have very high goals, but without goals there is nothing to work for.
5. What would you feel if you couldn’t achieve your goals?
Naturally I would feel dejected, but then I would start working hard again to achieve my goal. I know
that perseverance is needed to achieve anything in life. So I would keep working hard till I achieve
Cue Card sample 192
Cue Card sample 194
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post