125. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a program or app in your computer or phone
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 125 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Program or App description” topic and asking you to “Describe a program or app in your computer or phone“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 125
Describe a program or app in your computer or phone.
You should say:
- – What the app/program is?
- – When, where you found it?
- – How you use it?
- – and how you feel about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Apps have become very common since the dawn of the smartphones.
• These are special programs, which run on mobile devices and make life simpler.
• There are apps for making communication instant and easier, such as Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook app and so on.
• There are apps for online shopping such as Amazon app, flipkart app and so on.
• In this world we can communicate with our friends with messages, call or video chat.
• I have many apps in my phone, but the app I use the most is Whatsapp.
• We can be connected with our friends instantly by this.
• I heard about this app from my friend Harjot when I was in 10th standard
• He had downloaded what’sapp in his android phone.
• After he told me, I also downloaded it.
• It is a very interesting app.
• This app helps us to send messages to our friends and we can also send images and videos to them.
• When new version of what’sapp was launched, a new feature of audio call was also added.
• To use the new feature the other person should also have what’s app account.
• It brings the people very near to our heart.
• Mostly I use this app to communicate with my best friend living in Las Vegas.
• About 2 decades ago we had to send the letter to our friend living in abroad and we had to wait for the reply for a long time.
• But with whatsapp our messages are immediately delivered to our friend and we can continue our chat.
• The only drawback of this app is that it is very distracting.
• The users want to constantly keep checking their messages. Studies are affected. Workplace productivity is also affected.
• So, such apps should be used wisely.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a program or app in your computer or phone”
1. Which phone app is the most popular in your country?
Many apps are popular in my country. We have the Facebook app, WhatsApp app, zoom app, Amazon app mantra app Google Maps app and so many more.
2. Do you think the parents should limit the time their children spend on the phone?
Yes, I think parents should limit the time that children can spend on the phone as there are too many apps on the phone on which children waste away valuable time.
So it is the parents’ responsibility to see what their children do with their phones and how much time they spend on their phones
3. Do you think people depend on phone apps too much?
Yes, I think people depend on phone apps a lot nowadays. These apps are also very useful and save time.
For example when people go out they don’t need to ask directions as Google maps is there to help them.
When people have to pay bills they use the app of their bank and use it to pay their bills.
4. Do you think some apps will help people to study?
Yes definitely, there are many apps which help people to study.
For example, nowadays during the lockdown going on due to the Corona pandemic, teachers are teaching through apps such as the Zoom, Google meet and so on.
Then there are also apps such as dictionary.com which helps students to search the meaning whenever they need to.
5. What kinds of Apps do you have on your phone?
I have many kinds of apps in my phone, such as Whatsapp, Facebook, Amazon, Flipkart, Viber and so on.
I use these apps for staying connected with my friends and relatives and also for doing online shopping.
6. What are the drawbacks of having too many apps on your phone?
There are many disadvantages of having too many apps on the phone. Firstly, these apps occupy space.
Secondly, when you use too many apps, the battery of the phone also gets
discharged very soon.
Furthermore, these apps can misuse your personal information, as most of these apps can access your personal information from your phone.
Moreover, these apps can fill our mobile devices with lot of spam. Finally, you need to update these apps from time to time.
7. How much time do you spend on these Apps?
I spend a lot of time on apps. These are very addicting. Even though, sometimes, I resolve in my mind not to use them very often, I cannot resist the temptation, and once I open any app, I end up wasting a lot of time.
8. Do you like to look for new Apps or just keep using the old ones?
I like to look for new apps, but as my phone has limited space, I download and install an app, after seeing and discussing all its features with my friends.
9. Do you use free APPs or the ones that you need to pay for?
I mostly use free apps. There are many free apps of shopping sites and dictionaries etc. which I use regularly.
Read Also: Covid-19 related vocabulary
Share this Post