54. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe your favorite song
In this article, ieltsgame.com will add number 54 IELTS cue card sample on the series of IELTS cue card sample with band 9.0 model answers with follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Song description” topic and asking you to “Describe your favorite song.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
Share this Post
Describe your favorite song.
You should say:
- – What is the song about?
- – When did you first hear the song?
- – Why is it your favorite?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer.
Honestly speaking, for the most part, I would probably say that I have a great passion for listening to music and indeed I have listened like thousands of songs so far.
However, if I have to pick out a song that I like the most, I would probably choose the song Million Years Ago by Adele.
By gorgeous lyrics and melody, it’s like a piece of cake for Adele to make me addicted to this song.
A significant feature that I should mention is the song’s meaningful content.
It is a regretful calling inside an adult who has born his soul on the way of growing up and earning his stripes.
Every now and then I feel he is so desperate that he could do anything to escape the cycle of his life but after all he can’t afford to do so.
The reason why I am so fond of this song has something to do with the fact that it provokes so many beautiful memories from my childhood.
Although this song is a sad song, it opens my eyes to many things in life, one of them is that you should not take anything for granted.
Even the simplest one, try to live to your fullest so that one day you would not have to regret that much about the journey that you have been through.
Fairly speaking, Million Years Ago is a really good songs for self – reflecting especially when you find yourself lost in the super busy world nowadays.
USEFUL VOCABULARY & EXPRESSIONS.
Here are some useful vocabulary and expressions you can use to describe your favorite song IELTS Cue Card.
– Passion (n): strong and intense emotion, love
– Pick out (phrasal verb): to choose
– Piece of cake (idiom): something very easy
– Be addicted to something (expression): be devoted to a particular activity or thing
– Calling (n): a strong urge to a particular way of life
– Earn someone’s stripes (idiom): Do something to show you deserve a particular rank or position
– Every now and then (expression): occasionally, from time to time
– Provoke (v): stimulate or give rise to something
– Open one’s eyes to Something (idiom): make someone understand something
– Take something for granted (idiom): fail to properly appreciate ST
– Reflect (v): think deeply and carefully about something.
Cue Card 53
Cue Card 55
Related Cue Cards:
Describe an experience when you were with people and got boredJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe a Leisure activity that you do with your familyJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe when was the first time you admired the sky cue cardJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe a person who likes to travel by plane cue cardJanuary 19, 2020
Share this Post