207. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time you saw something interesting on social media
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 207 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Something Interesting description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a time you saw something interesting on social media“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 207
Describe a time you saw something interesting on social media.
You should say:
- – When it was?
- – Where you saw it?
- – What you saw?
- – And explain why you think it was interesting?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I think social media has become a very important part of our life nowadays.
• Among the different social media platforms, I use Instagram the most.
• One of my favorite Instagram channels is 10-minute crafts.
• I find this channel very interesting, and I am always waiting for their new posts.
• The channel posts about different arts and crafts which people can learn in under 10 minutes.
• I first saw this channel a year ago, during the corona lockdown.
• I had a lot of free time and I wanted to utilize my time doing something productive.
• As I was scrolling through Instagram posts, I came across one of their posts.
• In the post, they had taught about block painting.
• I am not good at painting but when I came across the painting technique, I felt even I could do it.
• It was very simple.
• I tried it and it came about really good.
• When my mother saw it, she decided to get it laminated and hanged it in the living room.
• I have been following the channel since then.
• Their channel has so many interesting posts about such projects.
• They show these really good-looking arts and crafts projects, which look like only professionals could have made.
• However, then they describe the simplest methods of making them below the project pictures.
• This is what makes their channel interesting to me.
• I think anyone can decorate their whole house, just by following their channel.
• And there is a different charm about decorating our house by objects we have made ourselves.
• I have recommended their channel to many of my friends and cousins.
• All of them feel that it is a gold mine.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a time you saw something interesting on social media”
1. Why do people like to use social media?
I think the main reason why people use social media is to stay in touch in with friends and family members.
Another major reason is to keep abreast with the latest news and information. Last but not least, it is just a way to fill up spare time.
2. What kind of things are popular on social media?
Many things are popular on social media, but the most popular is to share pictures and videos about oneself.
People also share the latest news and information they find interesting.
Nowadays, even businesses have started using social media to advertise their products and create a name for their brand.
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using social media?
I think the main advantage of using social media is that it is very easy to access information, provide information and communicate via social media. It lets us make friends and keep in touch with old friends very easily.
On the other hand, the main drawback is the lack of privacy and lack of reliable information. There are many instances where people have used social media to share false information for example, recently people spread misinformation about the harmful effects of covid vaccination, which caused a lot of hesitancy among people about vaccination.
4. What do you think about making friends on social networking sites?
I think it’s not safe to make friends on social media because it’s very easy for people to pretend to be someone else.
I think we should rather use it to keep in touch with real life friends.
Cue Card sample 206
Cue Card sample 208
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post