89. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a practical skill you learned
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 89 IELTS cue card sample on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Skill description” topic and asking you to “Describe a practical skill you learned.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in Makkar cue cards 2020 according to Makkar cue cards 2020 guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe a practical skill you learned.
You should say:
- – What this skill was?
- – When you learned it?
- – How you learned it?
- – And explain why you think it was important?
- – How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I have learnt many practical skills in my childhood from people around me in my life.
• Here I would like to talk about a very useful practical skill of cooking, which I learnt from my mother.
• I have been slowly learning it from my mother since my childhood.
• My mother is in her forties and she is very tall and beautiful.
• She has a gifted hand in cooking.
• She has her unique way of teaching us, I mean me and my sister, how to cook.
• She never made us feel as if she was teaching us.
• She just kept us involved in the kitchen while she cooked.
• We learnt a lot just by observing her.
• I learnt cooking because I too want to be able to cook like her.
• I also learnt cooking because it is a very useful skill in today’s time.
• Moreover, as I plan to go abroad for my higher education, this skill will be very useful.
• I will not face any food problems.
• I am a vegetarian and I have heard that veg. food outlets are very few in foreign countries.
• This skill has proved very useful because many times I have been able to attend to guests when my mother was not at home.
• My mother not only taught me simple routine cooking but also some Chinese dishes.
• She also taught me how to make pizzas in the electric tandoor.
• She also bakes excellent cakes.
• Whenever anybody in our neighbourhood celebrates a birthday, the cake is always baked by my mother.
• She loves experimenting in the kitchen and she has many of her own recipes which are quick and easy and at the same time very delicious.
• She also presents her dishes very well.
• She says that the look of the dish is as important as its taste.
• I am fortunate, I have a talented mother who has taught me this useful skill
Cue Card sample 88
Cue Card sample 90
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a performance you recently watchedJanuary 17, 2020
Describe a time when you travelled by public transportationJanuary 17, 2020
Describe an important piece of news you received via text messageJanuary 17, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a situation you were not allowed to use phoneJanuary 11, 2020
Share this Post