223. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a person you follow on social media
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 223 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Person description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a person you follow on social media“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-April 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 223
Describe a person you follow on social media.
You should say:
- – Who he/she is?
- – How do you know him/her?
- – What he/she posts on social media?
- – And explain why you follow him/her on social media?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I follow many accounts on social media that post things about topics I am interested in like interior design, yoga, art, etc.
• One account I follow on social media is of Chef Sanjyot Keer.
• He is the founder of Your Food Lab and became very famous for posting cooking videos on Facebook and Youtube.
• I have never been interested in cooking before as I would eat outside or food that my mother would make.
• All I could make by myself was rice, maggi, tea, instant precooked meals, etc.
• During covid time I couldn’t go out and started to crave dishes I ate out in restaurants.
• I started to look online for recipes to make those dishes at home.
• On YouTube, I came across a video for making Chili Cheese.
• It’s one of my favorite dishes and I used to eat it at least once a week
• The video was short (about 5 minutes) but explained the process really.
• The background music and presentation were very nice.
• The video was for an account called Your Food Lab and the chef in the video was Sanjyot Keer.
• I didn’t know anything about him before this, but the reviews were so good that I decided to
make this recipe.
• I followed the recipe step by step. It tasted even better than my favorite restaurant.
• My parents tried it and were so surprised that it was homemade and that I had made it.
• I got hooked and started to follow his YouTube account. I even started following him on Facebook and Instagram.
• After some research, I also found out that he was the food producer for TV show Master Chef India season 4 and worked with great chefs like Sanjeev Kapoor and Vikas Khanna
• He posts a lot of recipes on his social media accounts, and I have tried many of them.
• He also goes live on his accounts sometimes, interacts with his fans, and makes recipes live.
• All his posts are mainly about food but sometimes he posts about his family, his parents, his wife, and his team.
• I follow him not only for his recipes but also because I find him to be a very humble, kind, soft-spoken human being. He has a great personality, and it is no wonder that he has so many followers.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a person you follow on social media”
1. What can people do on social media?
People can use social media to keep in touch with friends and family. People can also follow celebrities and see what’s going on in their lives. People can even look for career opportunities on social media. Business owners can advertise their products and increase their sales through social media.
People can post videos about their talents like dancing, singing, etc. on social media. People can find new friends and connect with like-minded people on social media. People can learn new skills like cooking, gardening, art on social media.
2. Do you think older people and younger people will use the same kind of social media software?
No, younger people prefer the newer Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat platforms. These are new apps, and their short viral videos are very popular among youth.
Younger people rapidly adapt to these new apps, use them for a few years, and then may move to something new next whereas older people are still mainly using Facebook, youtube and WhatsApp, etc.
3. Do older people spend much time on social media?
Older people have started to use more social media but mainly for keeping in touch with family and friends.
Their children are busy with their families and jobs and there is less face-to-face interaction these days. They can get lonely, so they mainly use it for passing the time when they are bored.
4. Are non-social media like television and newspapers still useful?
It is true that the popularity of non-social media like TV and newspaper has declined a bit but they are still very useful. Many people in the world don’t have internet access and rely on TV and newspapers for news. The older generation also prefers this form of media.
Also, TV and newspaper are much more reliable than social media where anyone can post anything. There is a lot of fake news on social media that vulnerable people tend to believe.
Cue Card sample 222
Cue Card sample 224
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a person who has apologized to youJanuary 9, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a goal you achieved, which was set by yourselfJanuary 7, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe an important journey that was delayedJanuary 6, 2020
Expected Cue Cards for Jan-Apr 2020 – Makkar IELTS SpeakingJanuary 6, 2020
Share this Post