196. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 196 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Town description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 196
Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future.
You should say:
- – Where is it?
- – How you know about this city?
- – What it is famous for?
- – Why you would like to live there?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• My hometown is Phagwara and I have been living there since my birth.
• I love many things about Phagwara but there are certain reasons why I would like to move out in the future.
• The city that I dream about living in the future is Chandigarh.
• It is the combined capital of Punjab and Haryana.
• Many of my relatives live there and so I know a lot about it.
• In fact, I used to visit Chandigarh a lot in my childhood to spend time with my cousins.
• Chandigarh is a modern city. It was built after independence by a French architect Le Corbusier.
• It is famous for many reasons.
• First, like I said before it is the capital of Punjab.
• Secondly, it is known for its well-planned layout.
• It’s one of the few cities in India, where residential and commercial areas are completely segregated.
• That’s also one of the main reasons why I want to live there.
• The separation offers a lot of benefits, but mainly it offers respite from the loud noise, which people suffer from in other big cities.
• Chandigarh also doesn’t have many industries, so there is comparatively less pollution than other major cities in India.
• Another thing I like about Chandigarh is the entertainment facilities.
• There are a lot of big malls, cinema theatres, and discos in Chandigarh.
• There is a lot to do and people can never get bored in Chandigarh.
• Finally, the last reason why I want to settle there is that it is very close to hill stations like Shimla and Solan.
• I love the mountains and doing activities like trekking, rock climbing and ice-skating.
• So, on the weekends, I would be able to go on short trips and enjoy the mountains as well.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future”
1. Why do more and more people live in the city?
I think more and more people live in the city because of the comforts offered by city life.
There are good education, health, and entertainment facilities available in cities. More city jobs offer a better pay.
2. What are some factors that attract people to settle down in certain places?
I think the main factors are presence of family members and friends, financial reasons like availability of well paid jobs, facilities like presence of malls, cinema theatres, good schools for children and so on.
Nowadays people also consider factors like level of pollution and traffic.
3. What are the differences between the young and old when choosing where to live?
I think the young mostly care about the availability of jobs and entertainment facilities.
They prefer places where they can get well paid jobs and where there are bars, restaurants, and shopping malls so that they can enjoy life.
On the other hand, old people care about presence of family members so that they don’t feel lonely.
Also, for the old, it is about good health care facilities so that they can get timely help in case of emergencies and health issues.
Share this Post