197. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a puzzle (jigsaw, crossword, etc) you have played
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 197 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Puzzle description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a puzzle (jigsaw, crossword, etc) you have played” and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 197
Describe a puzzle (jigsaw, crossword, etc) you have played.
You should say:
- – What it is like?
- – How easy or difficult it is?
- – How long it takes you to solve it?
- – And how you feel about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I think puzzles are a good way to challenge our brains.
• Ever since I was a kid, I have enjoyed solving puzzles.
• I was always very curious and even used to disassemble and reassemble my toys just to see how they worked.
• My whole family used to do the Sunday newspaper crossword puzzle together.
• I have also done many jigsaw puzzles and here I would like to talk about one that I did a few years ago.
• On my 18th birthday, my friends gifted me a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle.
• Before that, I had never solved a puzzle with so many pieces.
• 100 pieces was the maximum I had done before.
• The jigsaw design on the box had a beautiful landscape with mountains in the background and a lake in front of it.
• It looked easy but I when I started doing it, I realized it had a lot of tricky repeating patterns and similar shapes and colors.
• It was very challenging and after spending 2 hours on it I was not even halfway done.
• I was glad I was doing it on a weekend and didn’t have to go to school that day.
• I started getting frustrated and at one point I wanted to give it up
• I took a 30-minute break and decided to get back on it.
• The break helped, and I could concentrate better and do it faster.
• I finally managed to finish it and in total, it took me about 5 hours to solve it.
• I felt a great sense of achievement.
• I was so happy and showed the finished puzzle to my family.
• I didn’t want to break it apart and kept it on my desk for a few days.
• I redid this puzzle after a few months and finished it a little faster.
• I have bought many 500 and more piece’s puzzles after that but instead of completing them in one day, I like to keep them on my desk and work 20-30 minutes on them every day.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a puzzle (jigsaw, crossword, etc) you have played”
1. Why do parents let their children play puzzles?
Parents let their children play puzzles because they are very good learning tools and beneficial for their brain development. Puzzles keep their minds active and working.
They help improve their concentration, their problem-solving skills, and finishing a puzzle brings them a sense of accomplishment.
2. What kind of puzzles improve people’s intelligence?
Solving puzzles is good a way to exercise our brain and keep it active and sharp.
Puzzles like Sudoku, Crossword, Jigsaw, Rubik’s cube, etc. can improve our cognitive abilities and boosts our intelligence.
3. Why are detective stories attractive to people?
I think detective stories are so popular because it enables people to use their imagination and solve the mystery.
Humans have the natural drive to solve problems and detective novels/movies let them do that.
4. Which do you think is better? A detective movie or its original novel?
I think original novels are much better. Novels don’t have any time limitations and have more depth.
Movies need to capture the entire novel in a few hours and some important parts/details get left out.
Also, novels are mentally stimulating and engage the imagination more than movies as your mind must picture what’s going on.
Cue Card sample 196
Cue Card sample 198
Related Cue Cards:
Describe an experience when you were with people and got boredJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe a Leisure activity that you do with your familyJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe when was the first time you admired the sky cue cardJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe a person who likes to travel by plane cue cardJanuary 19, 2020
Share this Post