222. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a skill that you learned from older people
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 222 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a skill that you learned from older people“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-April 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 222
Describe a skill that you learned from older people.
You should say:
- – What the skill is?
- – Who you learned it from?
- – How you learned it?
- – And how you feel about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• It is true that the younger generation can learn valuable skills and life lessons from older people.
• One skill I learnt is to recycle, reuse and repurpose everything.
• I learned this skill from my incredibly talented grandmother.
• I grew up in a nuclear family with both parents working busy jobs.
• Every year during summer I used to spend two months with my grandparents.
• My grandmother would find imaginative ways to reuse and recycle everything in her home.
• She would never dispose old clothes and would instead sew little pieces together to make curtains, quilts, pillowcases, tablecloths, etc.
• She would recycle glass jars and use them to hold spices, tea, grains, lentils, etc.
• She used newspaper to clean windows and reused aluminum foil to clean pots and pans.
• She made old broken furniture drawers into garden containers. She used fruit and vegetable scraps from her kitchen for compost.
• She would keep me busy with craft activities like making old card boxes into fun toys, cars, and robots.
• I mostly learned everything by observing her and helping her with some of the repurposing projects she did.
• I started to implement her ideas at my house too and as I grew older it became a habit.
• I feel indebted to my grandmother that she taught me these valuable skills.
• Reduce, reuse, and recycling waste is so important in present times.
• Our landfills are filling fast, and recycling is one way to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfills.
• Global warming and plastic pollution have taken a toll on the planet and people need to take action to stop this damage
• I am so glad that I am doing my part in saving our planet.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a skill that you learned from older people”
1. What can children learn from their parents?
Children learn by observing their parents, they are their role models especially during early years.
Parents can teach children important life lessons just by modeling good behavior Respecting others, working hard, positive attitude, eating healthy, saving money, helping the needy are some life lessons children can learn from their parents.
2. What knowledge can children learn from their grandparents?
Grandparents have years of wisdom that they love to share with their grandkids. Children can learn about the history and growing up in times totally different from now. It is much more interesting to
learn about history from personal grandparent stories than books.
Children can also learn practical skills like sewing, knitting, gardening, baking which parents nowadays
either don’t know or are too busy to teach.
3. What kind of help do you think older people need?
1) Help with chores like laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning, etc.
2) Having caring family around so they don’t feel lonely is also helpful
3) Help with learning new technologies like smartphones
4) Older people need good nutrition and healthy meals to stay fit
5) Regular doctor visits and tests to make sure everything is ok with their health
6) Help with transportation if they can’t drive themselves
4. What skills can young people learn from older people?
Older people have years of experience and have seen both success and failures. Young people can learn important life lessons from them. For instance, they can learn to appreciate the good times and have the courage to face the bad times.
They can learn that family matters the most and making time for loved ones is very important. Elders can teach them the importance of saving money for emergencies and for their retirement.
Cue Card sample 221
Cue Card sample 223
Share this Post