114. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time you solved a problem through the Internet
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 114 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Problem solving description” topic and asking you to “Describe a time you solved a problem through the Internet.“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 114
Describe a time you solved a problem through the Internet.
You should say:
- – What the problem was?
- – How you solved this problem?
- – How long it took to solve the problem?
- – How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• There is no denying the fact that internet is one of the biggest problem solvers nowadays.
• There are millions of problems which people across the world solve using Internet every day.
• If you have any problem, be it personal, technological, medical or related to anything in life, Internet can offer you numerous solutions.
• Today I would like to talk about a time when I fixed my mobile phone using the internet.
• Unfortunately, during the last winters, I accidentally dropped my phone in the water and it stopped working.
• I was standing in the kitchen, checking messages on my phone when suddenly my brother came from behind to scare me.
• I was not expecting him to be home so I got shocked and, in that moment, I dropped my phone into a jug full of water.
• I immediately pulled the phone out of water but by that time the damage was done and the phone stopped working.
• I felt really bad as it was an expensive new phone that I got recently as a gift.
• I scolded my brother for scaring me like that but I was more worried about the phone as I did not have enough money to buy a new one or get it repaired.
• So, I immediately started searching google for solutions to my problem.
• Luckily, I found a video youtube explaining how to fix your phone in such scenarios.
• The person in the video suggested to immediately disconnect the battery from the phone and use a hair dryer to blow the water away.
• After that I had to keep my phone in a rice container for a day.
• The rice would help to suck the moisture out of the phone.
• I immediately followed the procedure and prayed that it would work.
• Most of the people who had viewed the video gave positive comments about this technique.
• It was one of the longest days of my life, I also kept this secret from my parents as they would also get worried and scold my brother.
• Next day I pulled the phone out of the container and connected the batteries and luckily it was working.
• I thanked God and sent a thanks message to the person who had made the video.
• So that was the day when Internet saved my life.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe a time you solved a problem through the Internet IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. What do people do online in their free time?
People do various things online in their free time, like playing games, watching videos, movies or TV shows, listening to music, online shopping, pay their bills, call or message their friends and relatives, and many more such activities.
2. What impact does the internet have on schools?
I think that internet has a largely positive impact on schools.
It has made it easier for students to understand concepts, make their assignments and projects, get real time feedback from their teachers, and they can even share their knowledge with others.
At the same time, there are certain drawbacks.
Children can be exposed to unwanted content, they may end up wasting time playing online games, and sometimes children become victims of cyber crime.
3. Do you think many people waste their time online?
I think there are many people who waste their time online.
It is very easy to get distracted from work and studies when researching or working online.
Many people are unable to manage their work, time, and personal life well because of the time they waste online.
However, there are enormous benefits that people reap from the internet and achieve great heights of success because of it.
So, it is a matter of individual choices and habits.
4. What can people do with the Internet in the future? And how?
People need to use the internet wisely so that the drawbacks it may bring in the form of addiction to games, cyber crimes, wastage of valuable time, etc. can be minimized.
In the future, there should be more awareness created among people, especially youngsters about the wise/prudent use of the internet.
Also, the laws again cyber crimes need to be made clearer and stricter.
5. In what ways can people get information nowadays?
There are many sources of information nowadays such as books, newspapers, magazines, and the internet.
6. Whats the difference in getting information from library and from newspaper?
Newspapers have latest information, whereas libraries have old information in the form of books.
But today’s libraries have newspapers also.
In libraries you have to search information from a bigger set of resources. It is good for getting in-depth information.
Cue Card sample 113
Cue Card sample 115
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Speaking: Describe situation when a child made you laughAugust 16, 2019
IELTS Speaking part 2 recent exams – Topic: Ambition Not AchievedAugust 15, 2019
IELTS Speaking part 2 – Describe A Place Full Of ColourAugust 15, 2019
IELTS Speaking part 2 recent exams – Topic: Things You Want To BuyAugust 14, 2019
Share this Post