206. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an occasion when many people were smiling
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 206 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Smiling People description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe an occasion when many people were smiling” and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 206
Describe an occasion when many people were smiling.
You should say:
- – When it happened?
- – Who you were with?
- – What happened?
- – And explain why many people were smiling?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• A smile can brighten our day and lighten any situation
• In today’s fast-paced life we are forgetting the importance of smiling
• Today I will talk about a situation when I saw many people smiling
• It was when I was travelling with my cousin to Chandigarh on a bus
• It was around a month ago
• There were around 50 passengers on the bus and of all age groups.
• People were doing different activities- some were talking to each other, a few were reading, children were busy playing games on the mobile phones and some were sleeping.
• After about half an hour into the journey, a passenger sitting in the middle of the bus started talking on the phone.
• He had a very loud voice and I could hear him even though I was sitting in one of the front seats.
• I couldn’t help hearing his conversation because of his loud voice.
• Apparently, he was talking to his wife
• From his conversation, it seemed that he had forgotten about their wedding anniversary
• He was apologizing profusely to his wife and was saying that he was ready to buy her anything she wished for.
• That conversation lasted for more than 10 minutes before his wife finally accepted his apology.
• After the call ended, the person heaved a sigh of relief.
• My cousin and I exchanged a few smiles during that conversation
• And I happened to turn around and saw that everyone on the bus was smiling.
• Everyone on the bus had overheard his conversation and had enjoyed it.
• Even the person talking on the phone looked relieved and was smiling.
• Thinking about that journey still brings a smile to my face.
• I think that we should smile more often, like when we greet someone or thank someone.
• It can make someone’s day.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe an occasion when many people were smiling”
1. Why do people smile?
People smile because of many reasons. Some people smile to express feelings of happiness, gratitude, affection, etc. Starting our day with a smile help brighten our day and other people’s day too.
Sometimes people smile to lighten a tense situation and sometimes it’s because they remember a happy event or something funny.
2. When do people smile?
People usually smile when greeting others, when thanking others, while remembering happy moments, when enjoying with family or friends, when they receive good service, and many other such situations.
3. What’s the difference between a fake smile and a true smile?
I think we can make out the difference between a fake and a genuine smile by the facial expressions, especially the eyes. When a person is genuinely smiling, even his/her eyes seem to be smiling.
4. Why do people smile when they take photos?
People smile when they take photos because smiles bring a charm to our face and make the photos more memorable and beautiful. Photos are reminders of memorable events and smiling faces bring back happy memories.
5. Who smiles more, men or women?
I think smiles have nothing to do with gender. People smile due to different reasons.
6. Do you think people should control their moods?
Yes, I think people should control their bad moods, as it can have a negative effect on the other people around them. It can spoil someone else’s day.
7. Do you think people who like to smile are more friendly?
If I talk from personal experience, I couldn’t agree more. My mother gets a lot of compliments about her infectious smile and she is one of the friendliest people I know.
I think people find it easier to approach or talk to people who smile and thus they seem more friendly for sure.
8. Do people smile more when they are younger or older?
I think smile has nothing to do with age. Both young and old people like to smile. I think young people may be more honest about their happiness when they smile and it might not be the case with older people as they are certainly better at masking their true feelings.
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a performance you recently watchedJanuary 17, 2020
Describe a time when you travelled by public transportationJanuary 17, 2020
Describe an important piece of news you received via text messageJanuary 17, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a situation you were not allowed to use phoneJanuary 11, 2020
Share this Post