99. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a job you would not like to do in the future
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 99 IELTS cue card sample on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Job description” topic and asking you to “Describe a job you would not like to do in the future.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in Makkar cue cards 2020 according to Makkar ielts speaking book pdf guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe a job you would not like to do in the future.
You should say:
- -What is the job
- -Why you don’t want to do it?
- -How you feel about the job?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Nowadays, people have a lot of job options and everyone has a preference related to the job they would like to do or not.
• Also, no job is easy nowadays as there is a lot of competition and people have to work really hard in their jobs.
• Some people like to take the challenges that a job brings while some find them difficult. I think it depends on one’s interest.
• Today, I would like to talk about a job, which I think is challenging and I would not like to do it in the future.
• It is the job of a car salesman.
• Although it seems like a simple job but nowadays it is not easy to convince people when they go to buy a car.
• There are a lot of responsibilities as well and pressure is always high.
• It also requires one to be extrovert, which I think I am not.
• One of my friends is working as a salesperson and I often find him stressed about his job.
• He has to spend almost 10-11 hours at the car showroom every day.
• And he does not get off on Sunday, as most customers visit the showroom on this day.
• Also, nowadays most of the people do their research online before buying a car so it becomes very difficult for a salesman to talk to them and sell the car.
• My friend is not able to meet his sales targets and always looks worried.
• Moreover, one does not get promotions easily in this job, so it does not seem like a great career option to me.
• In the past, people used to enjoy working as a salesman, but I think it is really difficult.
• I would prefer doing a job related to computers.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe a job you would not like to do in the future IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. What kind of jobs do young people prefer?
The young generation likes to do the jobs which involve creativity and where they can work independently.
They also look for jobs that are well paid and require less physical effort.
In our country most of the graduates are employed in IT industry. I think they like to work as programmers or IT administrators.
2. Some people will lose their jobs because of technology, how to deal with it?
I think it is the responsibility of the government to skill these people on new technologies so that they can find new jobs.
Otherwise there would be large scale unemployment, which would be detrimental for the society.
3. Will you settle down in another country?
Yes, if I get a good job opportunity in a developed country, I would like to settle there.
I feel if a person does not settle early than he or she will never achieve success and will always lead a stressful life.
4. How do young people today decide their career?
The present generation has a lot of options when it comes to deciding their career.
In the past the young looked up to their family members while deciding their career but nowadays the youth have lot of role models from different fields and they make their own decisions.
Some of them also like to explore different jobs before finalising on one.
Moreover, they also do a lot of research looking at future prospects of different jobs.
5. Which do young people generally prefer – boring jobs with higher pay or interesting jobs with lower pay?
Nowadays the young are intelligent, and they understand if they are not doing something they like, they will never be happy.
So, they choose the jobs they are passionate about and money takes the backseat.
6. Which do you prefer physical work or work involving thinking?
I prefer intellectual work over work that requires a lot of physical effort.
I feel work that stimulates your mind is more satisfying as compared to physical work which is monotonous.
7. Do you think today we have less physical labour than we did in the past?
Yes, today we have to do less physical work as compared to the past.
Thanks to the advancements in technology, our lives are more comfortable convenient nowadays.
The work that required strenuous effort in the past can now be done with the click of a button.
Related Cue Cards:
Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time inJanuary 13, 2021
Describe your favourite weather IELTS Cue Card 2021January 13, 2021
Describe a time when you were really close to a wild animalJanuary 13, 2021
Describe computer or phone game you enjoy playing since your childhoodJanuary 13, 2021
Share this Post