227. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a special cake you received from others
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 227 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Cake description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a special cake you received from others“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-April 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 227
Describe a special cake you received from others.
You should say:
- – When it happened?
- – Where it happened?
- – Who you got the cake from?
- – And explain why it’s a special cake?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• My birthday falls on June 27th.
• During these days, there is summer vacation in Indian schools and most of friends go out to visit their relatives.
• So, I mostly celebrated my birthday with my family, my parents and my sister.
• However, last year because of the pandemic, most of my close friends were home and they gave me surprise party on my birthday.
• And the best part of the party was the cake.
• It was a very well thought of cake.
• The cake was in the shape of the mouth and above it there was a can of Pepsi, with dark chocolate pouring down in the mouth of the cake.
• My friends specially got it custom made.
• Pepsi and Dark chocolate are my favourite things in the world.
• The cake showed me that my friends really thought about me.
• Secondly, it just looked amazing.
• I never thought anyone could make such a cake in my small town.
• So, I couldn’t even believe the cake.
• And everything was edible, even the can was made out of cake.
• For ten minutes, everyone was busy taking pictures of the cake.
• Even my friends said that the cake turned out better than they expected.
• But that was just the looks.
• It tasted even better than it looked.
• I don’t like sweet food, in fact, I hardly have desserts because of this reason.
• My friends had even made sure that the cake had minimal sugar.
• It was sweet but it was the right amount of sweet.
• And finally, there was a surprise element, the cake had a tinge of coffee.
• Coffee is also one of my favourites and the coffee just uplifted the taste of the dark chocolate even more.
• Overall, it was one of the best birthdays I ever had. It was one of the rare times I was able to celebrate it with my friends and their thoughtfulness with the cake made me realise how lucky I am to have such friends.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a special cake you received from others”
1. What are the differences between special food made in India and other countries?
I think food is a big part of Indian culture and we love to prepare big feasts on special occasions.
I think the difference between special food in India and other countries is that its mostly vegetarian. Secondly, there is high use of spices in Indian food, even some desserts have spices.
2. Is there any food in your country which is eaten on special occasions or special times?
Yes, in fact there are so many dishes like that. India is big and diverse country and every region has it own delicacy which is normally tied with a festival or special occasion.
For example, Biryani is eaten during Eid in many parts of India like Hyderabad and on Lohri, a special dish made out of mustard leaves called saag is made in Punjab.
3. Why are some people people willing to spend a lot money on meals on special days?
I think it’s because a lot of family members and relatives are together during these days and having special meals makes such events more memorable. I think festivals in general make us happier and because of the good mood, we don’t mind spending a bit extra on the holidays.
4. Do you think it’s good to communicate when eating with your family?
I think it’s one of the best times to communicate with family members. First, when having food, we are in better mood, so we are less likely to get into arguments.
In addition, people are free during this time, so the communication can we without any distraction
Cue Card sample 226
Cue Card sample 228
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post